Notices

Old 30 Aug 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So I've been thinking about making a couple of dining reservations and we will pay OOP for them. I'm just unsure which to make? We're not too bothered about character meals this time. Last time we really enjoyed:

Tony's (could make this coincide with the parade package too!)
Raglan Road
Chef Arts

We could potentially do Tusker House or 1900 Park Fare but I'm not entirely sure I think these are worth the OOP costs ... especially as 2 of the kids will be classed as adults ... decisions decisions.

If anyone else has any suggestions on which other restaurants too I would be grateful X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Your club room price is amazing. What a great find!

For your Adrs don't forget you're not tied to mains and desserts so you can order appetisers or the kids can order kids meals it doesn't matter that they are over 10.

For what it's worth I loved Tony's. Raglan Road we did in 2018 and it was ok, once and done though for me. I've never done Homecomin so can't comment. I'm trying to think of places I'd pick as my top 3 oop restaurants...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
29th August 2019

So a little update on where the plans are now ... we've booked Premier Inn North at Manchester for Thursday 7th May. The rooms were only £35 each so we've booked 2. Caitlin and I will be in 1 room and Chris and the boys in the other. We aim to leave as soon as the kids are finished school at 3.20pm ish. Probably not the best idea as we'll hit the work traffic so we may stop off for food on the way down. Hoping to be at the Premier Inn by 7pm.

We've booked our parking with VIP Manchester Parking through looking4parking.com. We've used this company both times we've been to Florida and we honestly can't fault them, they're by far the cheapest and fab service. We drop the car off in the drop off area and are met by a member of staff, we hand the keys over and they take the car to a secure car park. When we land we let them know we've arrived and they bring the car back to the car park, we load it up and leave. Great service and I'd recommend to anyone.

We've decided to take advantage of the Universal stay again. We were undecided between Hard Rock which we did last time and Royal Pacific Resort which we did in October. There was only £6 difference and we were just going to go for Royal Pacific as we felt this had a bit more of a relaxed feel ... BUT ...

I click on the room options and had a scroll through for HRH ...
  • Standard Room - £316
  • Club Room - £329

£13 extra for a Club Room

I thought I'd check RPR too as it might be slightly cheaper ...
  • Standard Room - £310
  • Club Room - £402

Well that was decision made! HRH in a Club Room it is we intend to use the club room for drinks and snacks on our first afternoon, maybe snacks/desserts on the evening after our dinner and for breakfast the next morning ... for £13 (which ended up being just £8 as I had rewards with Expedia) I think it's worth it ... Total bargain!

So that's it so far ... I try and get it all updated on the first page tomorrow too xx
That all sounds great!

We’ve done the same thing in booking 2 rooms at PI at only £30 each and 2 teenage girls I thought it was worth it too.

I can’t believe how HRH Club is hardly any extra, we have also booked Club again for next August for 3 nights and it only cost an extra £30! So £10 a night more than a regular room! 😊 I don’t understand it as RPR club was quite a bit more? 🤔

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I have just found this - so excited you are booked again! You definitely have the bug

Your trip sounds amazing - 3 weeks, so jealous! We will actually overlap by a tiny bit - we are going end of April/ start of May - 4 nights in the Keys and 10 nights in POFQ, flying back on 10th May so I shall wave if I see you!

Re. ADRs - we are still toying with upgrading from QSDP, but some of the maybes on our list that may work for your family are Homecomin' (amazing chicken...), Garden Grill (by far my favourite character meal and the cinnamon bun skillet is to die for), Tony's for the parade package (have never been but seem some good reviews recently), Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package (the steak and mac n cheese is amazing), and the new space restaurant sounds amazing and the new Toy Story BBQ restaurant also sounds good but not sure when that is due to be completed!

Happy planning!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

For Tony’s parade adr is it different to a regular adr as I couldn’t see it separately on the list. Or do you just book a time to suit?

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Your club room price is amazing. What a great find!

For your Adrs don't forget you're not tied to mains and desserts so you can order appetisers or the kids can order kids meals it doesn't matter that they are over 10.

For what it's worth I loved Tony's. Raglan Road we did in 2018 and it was ok, once and done though for me. I've never done Homecomin so can't comment. I'm trying to think of places I'd pick as my top 3 oop restaurants...
I was over the moon with it ... someone posted on FB after I got mine so don't think there'd have been many left.

Yeah this is what I said to Mr Grump ... I think we're going to do T-Rex as he wants to do that for the kids, maybe Chef Arts and Tony's ... we've still got plenty of time to decide. ADR day is November,

Let me know if you think of any! X

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
That all sounds great!

We’ve done the same thing in booking 2 rooms at PI at only £30 each and 2 teenage girls I thought it was worth it too.

I can’t believe how HRH Club is hardly any extra, we have also booked Club again for next August for 3 nights and it only cost an extra £30! So £10 a night more than a regular room! 😊 I don’t understand it as RPR club was quite a bit more? 🤔

Kat
That's fab, it's so much better isn't it. That just reminded me I want to request 2 rooms next to each other as well as we were backwards and forwards last time I think this time I may make up 2 over night bags, one for me and Caitlin and one for Chris and the boys so we avoid that this time.

It's mad isn't it ... not sure if it's a price glitch or what ... but either way I'm happy. I'm sure you are too and 3 nights ... so lucky! X

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I have just found this - so excited you are booked again! You definitely have the bug

Your trip sounds amazing - 3 weeks, so jealous! We will actually overlap by a tiny bit - we are going end of April/ start of May - 4 nights in the Keys and 10 nights in POFQ, flying back on 10th May so I shall wave if I see you!

Re. ADRs - we are still toying with upgrading from QSDP, but some of the maybes on our list that may work for your family are Homecomin' (amazing chicken...), Garden Grill (by far my favourite character meal and the cinnamon bun skillet is to die for), Tony's for the parade package (have never been but seem some good reviews recently), Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package (the steak and mac n cheese is amazing), and the new space restaurant sounds amazing and the new Toy Story BBQ restaurant also sounds good but not sure when that is due to be completed!

Happy planning!
Thank you, lovely to see you here again

Oh please do! We'll be doing the obligatory first morning in MK possibly on the 9th.

We did Chef Arts last year and really enjoyed it so that's a contender. We never got to try Garden Grill so I'll put that to Mr Grump thank you. We did Mama Melrose in October and we really didn't like the food sadly Tony's is another contender as we did it last year, really enjoyed the food and loved the parade package too.

Thank you! You too. You'll have to let me know if you decide to upgrade xx

For Tony’s parade adr is it different to a regular adr as I couldn’t see it separately on the list. Or do you just book a time to suit?

Kat
Yeah it's different, it says parade package on it. Could you phone Disney and see if they can change it to a parade package? I did that with my Tusker House ROL one. I booked 8am breakfast then phoned to change it to the ROL but they could only do that at 8.20am. Check online first as there maybe some on there xx

Edited at 08:12 AM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post

Yeah it's different, it says parade package on it. Could you phone Disney and see if they can change it to a parade package? I did that with my Tusker House ROL one. I booked 8am breakfast then phoned to change it to the ROL but they could only do that at 8.20am. Check online first as there maybe some on there xx
Oh right I’ll have to look out for the parade package. I’m already over my adr allocation by 3 restaurants in October! 😂 I was thinking maybe for August next year, with a break out of the heat of the day would be useful? Abby’s report of it was fab so I’m thinking of booking it for then?

Plus, it’s 3 courses that’s good value on a TS credit which includes the parade. 😆

Kat
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh right I’ll have to look out for the parade package. I’m already over my adr allocation by 3 restaurants in October! 😂 I was thinking maybe for August next year, with a break out of the heat of the day would be useful? Abby’s report of it was fab so I’m thinking of booking it for then?

Plus, it’s 3 courses that’s good value on a TS credit which includes the parade. 😆

Kat
Ahh that makes sense haha. Definitely look out for it. If it's not there initially though keep checking daily as I don't think it appeared for maybe a week or so after. The aircon will be much needed I think. It is fab, we really enjoyed it when we went we just wish we'd left enough time to get 3 courses our ADR was 12.20 and the parade was 2pm. We probably could have had time but we didn't want to rush.

It definitely is don't think there's many other restaurants that will give you 3 courses for 1 TS! Xx
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

** update **

Another little update. I've started editing my Vacation Planner but can't really add too much to it just yet as we need to wait for park hours and EMH and EEH to be released. I've been making a list of QS restaurants that we want to eat at:
  • ABC Commissary
  • Backlot Express
  • Woody's Lunchbox
  • Rosies All American Diner
  • Be Our Guest
  • Casey's Corner
  • Columbia Harbour House
  • Cosmic Rays
  • Golden Oak Post
  • Pecos Bills
  • Pinocchio Village Haus
  • Friars Nook
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Flame Tree BBQ
  • Harambe Market
  • Restaurantasaurous
  • Yak & Yeti
  • Katsura Grill
  • Catina De San Angel
  • Les Halles
  • Liberty Inn
  • Lotus Blossom
  • Sommerfest
  • Sunshine Seasons
  • Yorkshire Fish & Chips
  • Tangerine Cafe
  • Blaze
  • Wolfgang Puck Express
  • Polite Pig
  • Cookes Of Dublin
  • Earl Of Sandwich
  • Daily Poutine
  • Aristo Crepes
  • Chicken Guy
  • D-Luxe Burger

Some of these we would like to just use snack credits for, like the waffles in Sleepy Hollow. I haven't started compiling a list of snacks just yet either.

We have decided to do 2 TS meals that we will pay OOP for. I think we've definitely decided on T-REX as we think the kids would love this, plus as we have a Landry's card we don't need to book, we can just turn up on the day The second choice is proving much more difficult and may end up turning into 2 TS meals but we shall see x
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love that list! Just the odd one or two places you want to eat at then?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List