Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Mar 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We were due to go on March 30th. I have just received an email from WDTC stating we can rebook if we want but if we want to cancel (which is the plan) we can email them to get a full refund and no need to phone them. Sad that we won't be going however I'm glad I won't have to spend hours on the phone to process the refund. Now I just need easyJet to cancel the flight and that will be all expenses refunded.
Troyston is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

We have also received the email from WDTC and requested a full refund.

We had booked Cheyenne with free half board standard. I have since found an offer for March 2021 for Sequoia Lodge with half board plus and €100 gift card for only £50 more so have booked that.

Pleased we have got it sorted but an extra year to wait before our visit!

Hope everyone else gets sorted ok
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Eurostar have updated their terms too. Offering vouchers to rebook. But only for travel dates up until 7th April at the moment. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’re due to go May half term. Being limited to school holidays, we could only reschedule for Summer based on their current postpone/cancel offering.

I wish they’d let us postpone til next May because I’d take that offer in a heartbeat!
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We were supposed to be leaving 2 weeks today, for a trip for DH's birthday. We decided to cancel and go next year at some point, instead. I booked directly through WDTC, including Eurostar, and they emailed me to say if I wanted to cancel or postpone, I could do this online through a link in the email, so I did this yesterday. I just hope they also refund the Eurostar bit though!

So sad to lose the trip, but we also didn't want to move it to later in the year when it would be really crowded with lots of folk going then instead.
Old 16 Mar 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MatildasMum
Gone all Goofy

My daughter is meant to be going to DLP for a Netball tournament on Sunday 5th April but at the moment it is all still on! The company wont cancel unless FCO travel advice changes or France shut the boarder. Also we loose all our money if we pull out - even though the government are saying all international school trips should be cancelled and the French government have banned all gatherings over 100 people! There are 300 teams of at least 7 kids and all the organisers, coaches, parent helpers etc. that are due to go - so slightly more than 100!

Just have to sit and wait!

Hoping this will all be over soon and we still get to go to Florida in October. Stay safe everyone!
MatildasMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
[QUOTE=MatildasMum;14341134]My daughter is meant to be going to DLP for a Netball tournament on Sunday 5th April but at the moment it is all still on! The company wont cancel unless FCO travel advice changes or France shut the boarder. Also we loose all our money if we pull out - even though the government are saying all international school trips should be cancelled and the French government have banned all gatherings over 100 people! There are 300 teams of at least 7 kids and all the organisers, coaches, parent helpers etc. that are due to go - so slightly more than 100!

Just have to sit and wait!

Hoping this will all be over soon and we still get to go to Florida in October. Stay safe everyone![/This was the situation we were in so we just decided to go although that could all change in the coming days,who knows. We were lucky enough to have 1 amazing day in the parks the last day they were open ,not the full experience but we were grateful to get that.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bamsboy
Getting to know the DIBB

So We are due to go April 2nd, booked everything directly with DLP.
If I understand correctly at the moment, we could cancel but lose the cost of our flights, or reschedule up to October 15th without extra cost (unless flights are more expensive, which they poss will be as 1 yr old would be 2 after May)
Would that be everyone's reading of the situation?

I'm thinking I might leave the decision for a week as I guess there is a good chance that the closure might be extended into April, meaning that we could then be able to cancel and get a full refund. If not I guess we might consider going early October and taking our eldest out of school for a few days.
It's the uncertainty I find hardest but I guess this is tough old business for everyone!
Bamsboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
We were supposed to be leaving 2 weeks today, for a trip for DH's birthday. We decided to cancel and go next year at some point, instead. I booked directly through WDTC, including Eurostar, and they emailed me to say if I wanted to cancel or postpone, I could do this online through a link in the email, so I did this yesterday. I just hope they also refund the Eurostar bit though!

So sad to lose the trip, but we also didn't want to move it to later in the year when it would be really crowded with lots of folk going then instead.
I don't think Eurostar are giving refunds. Either that or there's a cancellation fee still.
They're offering vouchers at the moment, but only for departures up to April 7th. It's all a bit weird. I booked separately, and not due to go until May, so have to wait and see basically. 🤷
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Djtrax
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

We are going to reschedule our visit, which was 2nd to 4th April. Gutted, as is everyone.
I’m hoping July should back to some normality... but even if the parks still closed, we would again be able to rebook or cancel.

Does anyone have a link to the forecasted capacity?
Our options are 9th - 11th, which includes a Saturday for last day, or go the 13th - 15th, as most kids are still of school that week.
On either we will travel and stay near park the night before.
Thanks.
Djtrax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List