Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Jul 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Good luck
There seems to be a lot of contracts available? I’ve not looked for ages...
Old 12 Jul 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Two pretty simple questions.

1. Can you afford to pay cash or know for sure that if push came to shove, paying it off is no issue at all? Are you sure you don’t need the money elsewhere which will make you more money than you’ll lose on 2 below?

2. Are you going to go to WDW regularly and stay in deluxe hotels? For the foreseeable future?

If answers to 1 and 2 are positive, DVC can be a good buy. If answer is negative it can be a bad idea.

I for example, cannot understand why someone goes year in, year out often paying £5000 plus for accommodation (and it does happen as I’ve demonstrated in previous posts, particularly at certain properties and particularly in suite like accommodations/ 1 beds) when for about £10k they would have a nice resale contract.

Also bear in mind this is not dead money, usually you can sell it at a reasonable return, and many have made a nice profit but don’t count on that.

Anyway well done on the offer. You are doing the right thing going for smaller denomination contracts. I was just reading another thread where people are seeing smaller contracts sell very quick, but larger ones a bit slow at the moment. Largest one I have is 160 points and I certainly would not go any higher than that if I could help it. 100 or less seem to always go quickly.
Old 12 Jul 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I say go for it but remember until borrowing restrictions are lifted you would only be able to borrow 80 of your 160 from Aug '21.
Good advice from Dr J, whilst we're all hoping this won't be in place for long, please don't allow it to be a deciding factor for you just incase.

Good luck - owned since 2002 (& added on in 2018), never a regret

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
How did you finally pluck up the courage to press the button and start to submit offers? We've done all the maths, we've weighed up the pros and cons and I've researched and discussed it until the cows come home. We've decided on a home resort and found a contract that we're very interested in. Why am I nervous though?!

It's an SSR contract, Aug use year, 160 points, (320 points Aug 20 / 160 Aug 21) at $108pp. I'm thinking that for our April trip next year we would borrow Aug 21's points and pool the 480 points to try for a 1 bed at VGF at 7 months. After this trip we'd be happy to stay at SSR every other year. I was thinking to first offer at $100pp but potentially pay $105.

Am I way off the mark with anything? Why am I so scared to get the ball rolling? Someone tell me to shut up and press the offer button please
That seems like a very fair offer of $100 per point and I assume you paying the closing costs and the dues on the points you are getting from the 2020 allocation. Hopefully, you and the seller come to an agreement and both of you are happy.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 12 Jul 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone.

We spoke to the agent this morning and pulled the offer that we made last night in the end. I wasn't happy with the fact that she wasn't upfront about the 50% borrowing rule knowing that we were planning on using the full allocation of next year's borrowed points. Felt like that should have been something we were made aware of when we were discussing it with her.

She did say that the sellers had actually accepted the offer at $102 immediately last night so I do feel bad for them, but you know when something just doesn't sit right with a situation?...

We've decided to pay OOP (if that makes sense) for our April trip and may split it between GF and CBR to balance the increase in prices for 2021. Then we'll look to buy once we are back - still SSR, but maybe a stripped contract if we're not going to be back until Aug 22 or 2023.

It's been a bit of an up and down 24 hours and there is steam coming off my spreadsheets!
Old 12 Jul 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

It’s a big commitment you need to be 100% happy with your decision. DVC will still be there when the time is right. Better to pull out now before any deposit has been paid, good luck with your plans.
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We bought a stripped (points coming 3/21) 160p at SSR for $90, 5 weeks ago. And hope to use 240 points next April, still waiting on ROFR to pass.
Getting a bit nervous about the timeframe and availability now...
Disney is taking a long time
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

You will have no problems with availability (assuming you want to stay at SSR).
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Good luck
There seems to be a lot of contracts available? I’ve not looked for ages...
Come on Tweety - great time to look there is lots of good offers out there I have never for one second regretted it - love my contract!
Old 13 Jul 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Come on Tweety - great time to look there is lots of good offers out there I have never for one second regretted it - love my contract!
Ha ha skystorm this is like old times . Honestly I wish we could go back and this never to happen! How are you in all of this? Not even a slight worry with everything going on?