Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Aug 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Hotels.com and Tesco vouchers

Hi

We are looking to book RPR resort for next August using our Clubcard vouchers to pay.

The option on the website is pay in full or reserve and only pay a deposit.

If I only pay the deposit now can you still pay the balance with clubcard vouchers on the due date next year? Does anyone know.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
You might want to check the Ts and Cs, but I’m fairly certain you have to pay in full at the time of booking.
Old 6 Aug 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We want to do the same but am worried about committing to booking yet and losing all our points 😯
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Remember you need to go through the Tesco Clubcard link and the price shown includes the taxes which you can;t use your vouchers to pay for (I made this mistake!).
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

As an alternative - not that I know the answer but would like to know - Does anyone know, can you book refundable hotels using Clubcard vouchers? Might solve OP issue
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

No you need to pay in full and they are generally non refundable
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
As an alternative - not that I know the answer but would like to know - Does anyone know, can you book refundable hotels using Clubcard vouchers? Might solve OP issue
No, you can’t.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Admiral Joe
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
We want to do the same but am worried about committing to booking yet and losing all our points 😯
I am planning to do something similar for our stay at Portofino Bay next July. I have decided just to wait things out and book closer to the time when there is more clarity on things. Unless there is a crazily cheap price at the moment (is there ever with Universal hotels?) then that's probably the safest option.
Admiral Joe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

The one thing I did read and part of the reason for my initial question was that if you book and pay and then it gets cancelled you only get refunded any part that you have paid in cash, you do not get the vouchers back.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
The one thing I did read and part of the reason for my initial question was that if you book and pay and then it gets cancelled you only get refunded any part that you have paid in cash, you do not get the vouchers back.
Yes, that’s correct. We had to cancel our stay for next week at HRH. Got the cash part back within a few days (cancellable booking), but still chasing up with Tesco on the vouchers (£315 worth). I’m not holding my breath on getting them back, but will keep pursuing until they say no (they haven’t said no yet).