Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We're just back from Majorca. Day one of quarentine. We've an Asda shop tomorrow and need to book another for next week.

My only regret is not going for two weeks 😎
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I feel that Majorca’s numbers are much lower than here
Whilst they are lower in absolute terms, the Balearics currently have a far higher number of new cases relative to the size of the population...

Majorca population: 923,000
Ibiza population: 132,000
Total M+I population: 1,055,000
M+I cases reported Thursday: 111

UK population: 66,000,000
UK cases reported Thursday: 891

If you scaled Majorca and Ibiza up to the size of the UK, they'd have reported 6,944 cases - nearly 8 times as many as the UK.

(This wouldn't stop me from travelling. As above, it would be our ability to navigate the quarantine period that would be the deciding factor)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would definitely go if you are able to fulfil the quarantine on return. The break will do you the power of good and you are in a villa which is ideal for socially distancing. We flew Ryanair at the end of July and the flight was absolutely fine.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

I would be going too
Old 8 Aug 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Best thing we did! Go for it. I'm on day six of house arrest. Bedroom windows are gleaming
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

As a point of interest - have any of you quarantining Ben contacted to check up On you? I’m wondering whether they just phone or actually call round etc
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
As a point of interest - have any of you quarantining Ben contacted to check up On you? I’m wondering whether they just phone or actually call round etc
I received a phone call the day after we landed. They asked me if I knew that I had to quarantine and went through what to do if I became unwell with covid symptoms which was to ring 111 and not go to the doctors. They didn’t ask me if I was at home. It’s day 7 now since being home and nobody has visited and nobody has rung DH to check whether he knows to quarantine.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We're just back from Majorca. Day one of quarentine. We've an Asda shop tomorrow and need to book another for next week.

My only regret is not going for two weeks 😎
I was intrigued by the loophole of quarantining in Greece! I think someone posted about it the other day.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I wouldn’t go anywhere where I had to quarantine.
Several reasons
1. Work wouldn’t pay me
2. DH runs a sandwich shop which would have to close without him
3. We have animals and they need looking after 2x daily (horses and donkeys)
4. I’d go crackers

I’m totally up for going on holiday though 😂 but the quarantine wouldn’t work well for us
Old 8 Aug 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
It's not really about that though for many.

For most people it is the ability of being able to go into quarantine for two weeks upon return, if required to do so.

I've been mulling a week or two away somewhere, thinking the quarantine would not be an issue - I work at home, my partner works in a school (so is off right now) and my son is also on school Summer holiday.

The issue as I saw it was grocery shopping to keep us going, but I could easily find friends or family to take care of that for us if we were unable to obtain delivery slots.

But then it dawned on me that if I was in quarantine, I'd not be able to walk the dog, and he needs 3-4 decent walks a day, which would be difficult to cover off without the use of dog walking services, and that's where the hassle factor starts to outweigh the holiday fun hoped for.

14 days at 3 walks a day also begins to get quite expensive to outsource!
That’s how we feel about it too, in fact we had the very discussion this morning (on our one walk, without a dog ) DH is working from home, he’d be fine. My employers would be less than impressed if I took a further two weeks off after having been away for a fortnight (I wouldn’t risk two weeks quarantine for one week away). My youngest DS would be climbing the walls if he had to stay in for two weeks, hearing about all his mates out and about, missing football training and friendlies etc. I know that once home we’d all reconcile that it just wasn’t worth it.

But... we’re all different, and that’s what makes the world go round
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List