Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
Yep there was, 2011 though thought it was more recent. The caravan park down the road from us in Sully had some erosion, which they have managed to reinforce, and a bit further along in lavernock theres always landslides but I think the site there is a little further back.
Gosh that long ago, seems like only a few years.

I like the area.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I'm in Llantwit Major and there's Ham Manor, just up the road from the beach.

Ham Manor

I know one older lady who's lived in one for years. She gets around with a mobility scooter but really I wouldn't advise living there without a car. It's a good mile and a half walk to the shops.

The cheapest one here seems to be £190,000

By contrast, nearby there are bungalows which are ideal for elderly people and just a 10 minute walk from the shops. The only trouble is, they are rarely for sale as basically people hang onto them for life!

One near my parents sold for £225,000 last year.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I'm in Llantwit Major and there's Ham Manor, just up the road from the beach.

Ham Manor

I know one older lady who's lived in one for years. She gets around with a mobility scooter but really I wouldn't advise living there without a car. It's a good mile and a half walk to the shops.

The cheapest one here seems to be £190,000

By contrast, nearby there are bungalows which are ideal for elderly people and just a 10 minute walk from the shops. The only trouble is, they are rarely for sale as basically people hang onto them for life!

One near my parents sold for £225,000 last year.
There’s one for resale for £125,000.

rightmove/property...ll-description

Which may confirm the point about not holding their value. But also offer a more affordable option.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Tbh approaching 60 is still young, so I’d just leave them to sort it themselves.
Can’t imagine my mom in her early 60s allowing me to have anything to do with finding her a home or having any say in it.

If your parents were approaching 80 I might think differently.
I can understand your concerns, but ultimately it’s their choice - I don’t mean to sound harsh.

My mum has some issues I won’t go into and relies on me to sort out a lot for her.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

My parents sold our family home over 10 years ago and since then have lived in 2 park homes. They have never regretted doing it. They only moved to the second one to be closer to my sister and I. They live comfortably and around people of their own age. There is a lovely community spirit and people look out for each other. Its so nice to see them happy, mortgage free and enjoying life. If I were over 55 and could live in one I would! Definitely recommend.
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
My best friends late mother did this and ended up regretting it. As others have said there are monthly fees which do increase, what is right at one time may not be ten years later but her mother found she was stuck as there is no going back unless you have a lot of savings (she didn’t). It can be brilliant and absolutely the right move for some but an expensive and unhappy mistake for others.