Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Aug 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pooh Bear
Getting Excited

So much wonderful and helpful information, thank you so much! Lots of things we hadn’t thought of, such as KLM via Schipol or Aer Lingus via Dublin ... I LOVE the idea of clearing immigrations this side of the Atlantic so we don’t have to face that after a long, tiring flight. We’re definitely looking at flying into San Francisco, and it’s looking like it might be a bit more cost effective to fly home from LAX rather than San Diego, I just fancied ending or 3 weeks with a few days in SD relaxing and then an easier airport experience! Looks like January is the time to book ... typical as we’re actually away in January!

You guys are amazing for all the ideas and information, I appreciate it so much, you’ve given me lots to look at ... happy research and planning days ahead! 😊😊😊
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

San Diego is expensive as few airlines do transatlantic from there. Many would be indirect flights.

LAX isn't particularly nice but outbound it is bearable. It has got a bit better airside over the last few years and with each terminal being smaller and separate security can be reasonable most of the time.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Another option is via Canada. In Vancouver you can do go through US migration easily and don't need to collect bags.

There are some decent restaraunts airside there as well so having a reasonable layover isn't an issue. Means you can land in SF and not worry about anything other than getting to your hotel.

Edited at 08:12 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi again for sept oct you will be able to book nov / dec 330 days out . San Diego to LA airport 2.5 hours approx
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pooh Bear
Getting Excited

It’s looking like LAX is going to be the better option for coming back, it’s reassuring to know it’s better outbound than inbound! I’ve got itineraries planned for both scenarios, it just means that instead of having our last few days in SD we’ll spend them in Anaheim ... I can live with ending our holiday on a high at Galaxy’s Edge and the Oogie Boogie Bash if it runs again!
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BeJimmieDaw
Looking for my Ears

Best flight options for California

Looks like the gubment is transferring me to the East Coast for awhile...and Im not talking Florida.

Anyways, Im bringing my gear with me...and Im asking you all for your advice on a good travel bag to protect my board during the flight. All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
BeJimmieDaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
GandL
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hiya,

I cannot help with best airport to go from as we live near London and therefore are flying from LHR.

I planned our road trip myself for a few weeks time and it is definitely doable, just requires lots of research which for me is all part of the fun!

We booked a BA flydrive LHR - SFO and then LAX to LHR and I thought the price was very reasonable, definitely worth looking at.
Also we didnt want the car whilst in SFO so are picking it up as we leave.

I have a pre-trip report called LJ turns 30 - West Coast Pre Trippy - Updated Aug 19 if you wish to take a look

Grace
GandL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

we are flying PE with Norwegian from Gatwick to SFO and then LAX to Gatwick, they are our airline of choice
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ourdaybydesign
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve just booked our trip for next Easter; flying Edinburgh to San Fran via Dublin with Aer Lingus then return LA to Edinburgh via Dublin again.

Our plan is to do 3 nights in San Fran, 2 in Monterey, 1 in Cambria, 1 in Santa Barbara, 2 in LA, 3 in San Diego then ending with 4 in Anaheim!
Hong Kong Disneyland {1}: May 2017
Ourdaybydesign is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List