Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jul 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
I was just thinking about this this morning. DSs are 16 and 11. Think this may be the last hols DS16 takes with us but I can't imagine leaving him at home for 2 weeks on his own. We live in a village so going out is difficult unless Mum's taxi is operating. Yes he can go out on the bus but not cheap and will prob get stranded somewhere. Putting this to the back of my mind and hope he continues to come with us for another few years with his younger bro.
That’s a good point, we also live in a village and ds is yet to pass his driving test so my two wouldn’t be able to go very far. Luckily my parents are 10 minutes away by car for emergencies and Dominoes delivers so they could manage a weekend!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

We went in 2009 when my son was 4 but he was looked after by his aunt. And went to new york without him in 2016 again he stayed with his Aunt. He's 14 now and actually I think he'd prefer not to holiday as he'd miss his mates.

Old 17 Jul 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My kids stayed home together when they were 15 & 19 and they were fine

In sept my youngest will be 17 and stay home on his own
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hopefulholiday View Post
You’ve got a party animal there

I don’t think mine would have any issues now tbh, they seem to tolerate each other much more now and they aren’t into parties so I wouldn’t worry about that...I don’t think! You’re right we should trial it with a couple of nights. I think longer trips dd would still want to come, but that may change once she goes into 6th form.
The big party scared the life out of her. Things got broken people turned up she didn't know and the police arrived! Don't even ask. Livid doesn't come close.
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I remember being at university at 19, snow on the ground, and a postcard popped through the letterbox of my University house. Mum, dad, brother (16) had all gone to Key West.
Thanks a bunch I thought !
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

Never my ds 26 dd 24 still come every summer for 3 weeks to Florida but we have now got their friends and partners too.
October we usually get away ourselves.
April hubby goes golfing with ds and all the friends for a week.
Dd and myself take April to go away ourselves for a week with a few friends.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My son isn’t coming with us this summer for the first time. He’s 20. TBH it’s the first time I’d trust him not to have parties. He’s been on holiday with his friends every year since 18 though and we’ve all been away often just a couple of us but always with one of the kids and one of us at home. We had our first couple only trip last year for 5 nights for our 20th anniversary. DS was at Uni and my mum came to be with my 16 year old daughter. She says she will
Come come to Disney with us invited or not forever 😂😂🙄
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

At 20 'cos he left home to go to Uni. Then moved area for work. So leaving him at home never came up.
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List