Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Kenwood Travel
Unread 22 Jul 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Everton22
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Help! Broken Ankle

Help please, after 18 mths of planning for our Florida holiday and 3 and a half weeks before we go my daughter has gone and got an avulsion fracture in her ankle leaving her leg in plaster to the knee! We are back at the fracture clinic on Thursday were
they should tell us more!
Has this happened to anyone before, how did you manage, can she still do rides, water parks etc! Also we are flying Virgin, will she still be able to sit in an economy seat as plane looks full and I dont fancy bumping anyone off their extra leg room seats, we will be hated! Ha ha. Thanks
Everton22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday, can't wait!
Unread 22 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Hiya, i'm having a djv moment.. did you post about this on a coronado springs fb page? xx

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
Unread 22 Jul 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Everton22
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hi, yes that was me, trying to get as much help as possible! Panicking about the flight now!
Everton22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 22 Jul 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Haha hi!

I do feel for her, bet she was so upset.

I hope they do give you extra legroom for her. It would really help.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
Unread 22 Jul 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ah no! Bless her, hope she is ok. Have you informed your travel insurance company?
My daughter fractured her wrist 1 week before going!
I highly doubt she will be able to do the water parks, there are covers for the casts that you can buy but if the cast gets wet you will have to go and get it sorted. I doubt she would be that comfortable in a water park anyway.
I hope you get some help and advice from the fracture clinic, also call Virgin and ask for their advice.
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW holiday.
Unread 22 Jul 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Everton22
Trying for More Ears

Hi, yes I have looked at the covers for casts for the water parks, she would be gutted if she couldnt go in the water, she prefers the water parks to the rides! Its just awful I could cry for her! We are waiting until Thursday to see what they say at the fracture clinic, hopefully it will come off in time and she can just take it easy. We will get n touch with our travel insurance too and Virgin and see what they say. Thanks
Unread 22 Jul 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Very Serious Dibber

I've used a leg cast cover, as long as you get one the right size, they are really reliable, mine didn't have any issues for the whole holiday. it's a great relief to be in the water as it takes the weight off!
My daughter had an arm one a few years later and this was spot on too. We both used 'drypro' brand.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POR and HRH, another month of fun.
Unread 22 Jul 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Everton22
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you thats what I wanted to hear, I will look now.
QuickSilver