Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jul 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hopefully the loophole will close soon enough.
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grommitt View Post
Another thought... is there any chance that you might have some dining credits that your not planning to use.
might be worth rebooking the holiday to match your dates.
Nice to see that you find the opinions of fellow dibbers so funny. I dont think the comment about over reacting is fair either mrs weasley - everyone is entitled to their say, I thought that this was the whole point of the dibb. Some patronising comments on here so I think I'll sign off now, not prepared to be the butt of anyones jokes.
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Honestly love the Dibb so much, I know people are taking this thread dead serious but come on guys...

the amount of people who will benefit this is tiny. The way people keep saying a loophole too when people have pointed out its more likely Disney have done this to allow families and friends to enjoy a holiday together. The fact people feel morals come into booking a bloody fast pass and don't get me started on the comparisons lol.

Step away from the keyboard and stop stressing about what others do, who gives a sh*t what other people do. Are they personally effecting your holiday. Do you personally feel that this has effected you directly (not a "could" effect others, I mean directly effecting you)
Does this really need compared to other situations, does it need to bring in peoples morals (over a god damn fast pass)

The main point as said in the thread is its available to do by Disney, no one is doing wrong and it really won't be a large number doing this.

I really feel bad that people get so wound up and upset over these kind of things and this is coming from someone who is staying onsite. I don't have any kind of snobbery that makes me feel p*ssed that others may be getting some of what I have paid for, for free. good on you guys and enjoy your holiday with it. I'l see you in the fast pass line maybe
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

God help anyone who stays off-site, gets a 60 day fastpass reservation AND wears a birthday badge when it's not their birthday #StraightToHell

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YummyMummyx View Post
the amount of people who will benefit this is tiny.
Exactly this, even knowing this 'loophole' exists I have no way as an off-site guest of capitalising on it as I don't know anyone staying onsite at the same time as we are there who I could link with to make my FP bookings. So few people will actually benefit from this in reality.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Exactly this, even knowing this 'loophole' exists I have no way as an off-site guest of capitalising on it as I don't know anyone staying onsite at the same time as we are there who I could link with to make my FP bookings. So few people will actually benefit from this in reality.
Thats my thoughts, realistically it will not benefit many people at all. The number of guests able to take advantage of this will be very small.
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
If someone staying off site is getting a fast pass at 60 days out, that means someone staying on site isn't getting one at 60 days out - and the on site person is paying for the privilege. So I disagree, it is affecting people directly.
Have you proof of this happening
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jamie99 View Post
I’m staying onsite, paid a lot for the privilege too. Foods more expensive too onsite. Is it ok if I take some of the offsite guests perks? Would it be ok for example if when you came back to your villa after a long day in the parks you found me in your back yard grilling my Walmart steaks on your bbq?
Comedy gold
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 05:09 AM  
Link to this Post
adg
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
Im pretty sure that the majority of posters who think its ok to flout the rules are staying offsite, with the exception of a couple, so they will never see it from the point of view of an onsite guest. I did find the comment about toys being thrown out of the pram insulting, along with the edit note of a mis-spelling being due to laughing too much. There are so many comparables that could be given, such as paying for a flight seat upgrade and then seeing cabin crew give someone the seat for free, but go ahead and laugh if it gives you pleasure. I'll enjoy my holiday knowing i'm legitimately entitled to every perk I use.
So you won't enjoy your flight seat upgrade as much because somebody else got the same upgrade for free?
Not sure what to say to that... was your expected extra enjoyment for the upgrade based on other people not having the upgrade?
adg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortie
Getting Excited

I stay onsite through choice and know I pay more for that. If Disney’s system lets people who are not staying onsite book FP through the rest of their party then notify Disney for having that glitch, have you? Probably not as it is too easy to moan on here. I agree more worried about the drop in the exchange rate than FP.
Mortie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread