Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
It's common sense. There aren't a finite amount of fast passes.
It's not common sense. You are assuming that the reason an onsite guest doesn't get it at 60 days is because of the small number of offsite folks who are booking at the same time as their onsite friends when in reality you don't actually know
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Surely Disney deliberately allow this to make things simpler for groups where not everyone is onsite? And the numbers doing it are most likely minimal? I don’t have an issue with this, and am staying onsite this year and struggled to get the FPs I wanted, i very much doubt that was because of huge numbers of offsite guests linked to onsite ones

The Disney Springs hotels getting onsite benefits has a much bigger impact than this
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Surely Disney deliberately allow this to make things simpler for groups where not everyone is onsite? And the numbers doing it are most likely minimal? I don’t have an issue with this, and am staying onsite this year and struggled to get the FPs I wanted, i very much doubt that was because of huge numbers of offsite guests linked to onsite ones

The Disney Springs hotels getting onsite benefits has a much bigger impact than this
Bingo! I have been waiting for somebody to post this reason, well done.

That has sucked up thousands of FP's not just maybe 10 in a day by people staying offsite.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Old 30 Jul 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Bingo! I have been waiting for somebody to post this reason, well done.

That has sucked up thousands of FP's not just maybe 10 in a day by people staying offsite.
It always surprises me that some people got so wound up about the rolling 60 days on throwaway bookings (which only really gave an advantage over offsite visitors rather than depriving those with longer onsite stays), and now the tiny numbers who might have onsite friends, but I can’t remember seeing much moaning about Disney Springs which as you say is vast numbers
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jamie99 View Post
I’m staying onsite, paid a lot for the privilege too. Foods more expensive too onsite. Is it ok if I take some of the offsite guests perks? Would it be ok for example if when you came back to your villa after a long day in the parks you found me in your back yard grilling my Walmart steaks on your bbq?
Crack on matey, no problem with that, just as long as its its ok for me to pop into your hotel room to use your toilet when i need to... can't stand those big gaps between the door on the cubicles in the public lavs in the parks.

Don't worry, I'll flush twice...

Oh, and you'll need to bring your own charcoal or gas canister for the BBQ, we might choose not to pay extra to stay onsite as Disney, but we can just about stretch to eating out rather than cooking at home.

Edited at 11:18 AM.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Suffolk dad View Post
Crack on matey, no problem with that, just as long as its its ok for me to pop into your hotel room to use your toilet when i need to... can't stand those big gaps between the door on the cubicles in the public lavs in the parks.

Don't worry, I'll flush twice
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
It's common sense. There aren't a finite amount of fast passes.
I'm pretty sure you'll find there are a FINITE number of fast passes.

If there were an INFINITE number of fast passes, no-one would ever post on here about not being able to get FOP or anything else.

But then of course the Fast Pass line would be 6 hours long, so sort of defeats the object doesn't it?

Edited at 11:16 AM.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
With so many onsite perks diluted (like parking) the only real onsite perk of value is the 60 day window for many.
I'd hope most people don't book to stay onsite purely for the 60 day window. I don't.

There are cheaper ways of getting the 60 day window than staying onsite (for example, the Disney Spring hotels or even possibly booking a VIP tour). And all the 60 day window provides is an increased likelihood of booking fastpasses to 3 or 4 attractions (admittedly, the most popular ones). It's a perk but not a big enough one to warrant the extra £1000 or so it costs to stay onsite.

Personally, I book an onsite hotel because of the free dining, closeness to the parks, free and regular transport to the parks, attractive resort, free transport to/from the airport and, finally, the 60 day fastpass window. Plus, I guess, because I just like the idea of staying onsite.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

I stay on site because I’m lazy and like to be near my hotel. I couldn’t give a flying fig roll about a small number of people taking fast passes so they aren’t separated from their party staying onsite. Some people can’t afford to stay at Disney and I don’t blame them. It’s not immoral in the slightest, it’s about taking an opportunity that Disney allow. Fill ya boots!

Edited at 12:02 PM.
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread