Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Aug 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

There's another thread from col2501 - her 17 year old son was travelling alone. He's been picked up by grandparent though. What a nightmare.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1140640

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ppdon
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’m just wondering what happens to my hire car amongst other things, I’ve contacted Andy @DFCH and just waiting for a response.
2019 Hudson FL
ppdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've been tracking this flight as we're on it next Friday, thought I was going mad looking at the track.

What a nightmare for you, hope you're sorted soon.
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I would be the same if it was my son. You never stop worrying about them do you. Hope he gets on his way tomorrow. 🤞🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ppdon
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
This is the exact same aircraft we were on back on June 16th GLA-MCO.
20 mins after take off over the Minches we done a full circle before continuing out over the Atlantic. If you have any flight tracking apps etc you can play back this flight and todays for that matter.
Our flight was it's first with PAX having only just returned from the Philippines following a technical service.
Also, if anyone who was on that flight from Glasgow will tell you we hit the tarmac hard at MCO, we came in very high over the 528 and at speed, my intial thought were there may have been and issue with the flaps given the air speed and rate of decent on touch down, either that or someone very inexperienced up front.
I've even got it on video and me telling DW&DD that this will be a bumpy one, it sure was and them some. After returning to GLA it went tech for a few days.

Interesting to see todays flight circle the Kintyre peninsular at relatively low altitude before heading south west out over Ireland (gaining altitude) then turning back home.
Apparently lowered landing gear to use up fuel more quickly.
2019 Hudson FL
ppdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ppdon View Post
They are arranging hotels and vouchers but they aren’t being very helpful with anything else.
what else can they help you with?
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Glad your son is ok and he’ll be flying out tomorrow.
We had the same thing last July flying out to Rhodes for our sons wedding with TUI.
We got as far as Geneva when the pilot decided to turn the plane around due to a fault and head back to Manchester.
When we arrived we were taken to a hotel in Blackpool for the night.
We were taken back to the airport the following morning and given £15 each for food and drinks.
The worst part of it was our daughter in laws parents were also on the same flight so our son was tracking our flight and it just disappeared off the radar sending him and his then fiancée into a panic until it reappeared heading back to Manchester.
The upside though was our compensation virtually paid for a ten night late deal in Orlando a few weeks later
Old 9 Aug 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
Thank you, you are so right, he’s just txt me and said I’m not gonna lie but I’ve forgotten what my case looks like 🙈

Luckily we have the same case with us so I’ve took a pic and sent with a CHECK THE LABEL instruction, to him 🙈
Sorry but that made me laugh, that's just what my 18 year old son would be like 😂
Hope your son is safely with you soon
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 03:58 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
I know it’s about 4am in the UK, but I’ve just looked at an email Thomas Cook have sent to my son, looks like he’s flying indirect tomorrow which is exactly what I was trying to avoid while it’s his first flight alone, looks like it’s MAN -JFK then a layover of 5 hours and on to MCO due in about 10pm US time, I never even considered this, I assumed it would be a direct flight again, any other dibbers that are on this flight tomorrow would appreciate if you see this if you could let me know if it appears everyone from today’s flight has now been booked indirect.

As an aside if you see a tall skinny boy on your flight and he’s on his own, just maybe say hi to him for me, a very stressed mum who’s already in Orlando without him x

Edited at 04:16 AM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 04:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ppdon
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by col2501 View Post
I know it’s about 4am in the UK, but I’ve just looked at an email Thomas Cook have sent to my son, looks like he’s flying indirect tomorrow which is exactly what I was trying to avoid while it’s his first flight alone, looks like it’s MAN -JFK then a layover of 5 hours and on to MCO due in about 10pm US time, I never even considered this, I assumed it would be a direct flight again, any other dibbers that are on this flight tomorrow would appreciate if you see this if you could let me know if it appears everyone from today’s flight has now been booked indirect.

As an aside if you see a tall skinny boy on your flight and he’s on his own, just maybe say hi to him for me, a very stressed mum who’s already in Orlando without him x
On coach back to the airport no information yet.
2019 Hudson FL