Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Cool He did a thing - June 19 - Day 5 - Shopping, Epcot & Fantasia Gardens

Day 4 is here

Saturday 15th June

We woke up at 6.30am, feeling refreshed after a good long sleep!

We FaceTimed Chris's mum and then my dad from the balcony, but I forgot dad was on a golf outing! Oops! Hahaha! Anyway, they both said the weather back home was pretty rubbish, so that was good

We got ready and went down to Fuel for tea before we set off.

Once in the car, I plugged in my phone and was happy to find that the car had Apple CarPlay Same as my car back home, so we could listen to my Spotify playlist!

First stop of the day was for breakfast and we thought we'd go to one of the IHOPs on I Drive since we were heading for the outlets.

I went for quick 2 eggs with bacon and toast and Chris had a BLT toastie.

It was pretty crap to be honest. They have far too many tables crammed in and our food wasn’t great. My eggs weren’t cooked properly and they forgot my toast. Their aim is obviously to get as many folk in and out in as little time possible. We were annoyed with ourselves for not going to Cracker Barrel or somewhere else! Having said all that, the IHOP at Berry Town Centre is really good, so maybe go for that one!

We noticed the new Universal resort hotel across the road. I don’t know about you, but I think it looks a little, erm, tacky? Suppose it fits in with I Drive

We arrived at the Premium Outlets (bottom of I Drive ones) at 10.10am. We parked at the bit at the back, as its always easier to find a space. Looks like it's had a paint job!

We did our usual and split up, arranging to meet back up later. First stop for me was Character Warehouse. Where else?

I got myself a top (you'll see this later on in today's report), my Dad a golf shirt and Abi a wee t-shirt too. $44.

I then went to Levis where I got 3 pairs of skinny jeans and a pair of denim shorts for $163.

Next was Carters for stuff for the kids. I won't list everything I got, but let's just say that my nieces and nephew are better dressed than me $129 in here.

My bags were getting heavy now and because Chris had left the keys with me, I was able to go back to the car and offload. I was so proud of myself for finding the car all by myself I also saw a turtle, so high fives all round.

Bath and Body Works next, which is always a must. I got 5 x foaming soaps, 5 x hand sanitizers and a couple of mini body lotions. I can't remember the total, but it was cheap! Such a great outlet, this one!

Chris had text while I was in here as he'd had enough, so he came to meet me. As we passed the food court I asked Chris if he was hungry and he said "no, but I'm greedy", so in we went

I went for a 6inch turkey subway and Chris had a pizza slice from Sbarro. They were both around the $7 mark. In case you've never seen a slice of pizza or a subway sandwich….

Drugs anyone?

So yeah, neither of us could be bothered with the outlets anymore, so we left around 12. Chris could be bothered with the PGA superstore though, so that was the next destination.

While he was in there I went to Ross's and got some more stuff for the kids and also a pair of Guess sandals for me which were an absolute steal at $25!

When I went back to PGA Chris was having a ball in the simulator thing, so I left him playing and went back out into the sun. I just kinda walked around the car park for a bit, like a total loser hahahaha!

Anyway, many minutes later he emerged with 3 new wedges, a putter and some golf balls. After trading in his old wedges he paid about $400. I shudder to think how much this man has spent on golf in his lifetime!

We headed back to the hotel now, hoping for a more successful visit to the pool!

We did a quick change and then headed down.

There weren’t many beds available though, so we headed for the beach area. Chris grabbed us a drink to enjoy there

Then we played on the hammock. There were some HILARIOUSLY unflattering photos of this, but you are only getting these two.

Then, you guessed it, the rain came on. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! So back to the bar we went!

The rain wasn’t too heavy and the pools hadn’t been evacuated yet, so I enjoyed dipping my feet for a while, admiring my flip flop tan!

We both fancied a bar snack, so we ordered wings. Half Korean glaze and half Buffalo. Chris loved them and was delighted that I found them both too spicy, so he got them all to himself!

Chris, like the good hubby he is, went to get me crisps from Picabu

We discussed our plans for the evening. Originally we were going to avoid the parks today with it being a Saturday, but that was until we heard about this new show.

We both agreed it wold be daft not to walk along and check it out with us being so close, so the decision made that an impromptu trip to Epcot was happening

continued in next post

Edited at 02:40 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
continued from previous post

We went back up to the room at about 5 and chilled out for a bit. I actually fell sound asleep for 45 mins! We then got ready for the night. I wore my new purchase from Character Warehouse. So cute!

We left the room about 6.30, but just before we got to the Boardwalk I decided I needed to a do a U turn as my new sandals weren’t comfy. My feet kept slipping off the back of them and it was really annoying me! Bah. So I zoooped back and changed into my trusty Sketchers before power walking back to find Chris. Well, I say power walk. I did manage to stop for a few pics of course

I found Chris near ESPN enjoying a beer!

Clearly he was bored waiting for me as he had even uploaded a selfie to Insta, which he never does haha!

We continued waking towards the International Gateway and had arrived at Epcot by 7pm.

PhotoPasses were taken. The grey Disney tops were not pre-planned! #twinning Hahaha!

We could hear the British Revolution playing, so popped along to watch for a bit. Jeez, do they ever change their set?

We then had a look in the sports shop in the UK, which actually had several massively overpriced bits from Scotland!

Creepy royal display!

Chris was pleased to see this! It's St Andrews Old Course, if you didn’t know….

Next was a visit to Canada.

We had never seen O'Canada before and it was on my list for this year! Luckily, there was a show about to start!

We really enjoyed this and it does make you realise how vast Canada is. Would love to visit, but I wouldn’t know where to start! Oh and I love the song! I know it from Sorcerer Radio already but nice to hear it in context!

More photos of Canada.

A Canadian bunny.

We then started making our way round to USA for the show.

A stop was made in Morocco for Chris to grab some food. I didn’t fancy anything from here.

I left him to order while I had a nosey around.

Soon enough he was back with his grub. He said it was really good!

It was getting to that time of day in Epcot where the sun is starting to go down and everything looks so pretty

Quick zoom in to show the size of the Guardians of the Galaxy ride building! Looks like it'll be a fair thing!

continued in next post
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

Show time!

We weren't sure what to expect, but this was SOOOOOOO fun! I won’t spoil the story behind the show, but if you've seen Guardians of the Galaxy you'll know that the soundtrack is awesome and you are guaranteed to enjoy! Massive thumbs up from us!

We thought the actors did a great job too, they were so in character and looked the part. The singers / band were fab too!

Very happy that Groot made an appearance too

It was just so so fun, there was a great atmosphere!

Starlord / Peter even came out into the crowd for a boogie.

Pretty proud of these two pics…..

The show lasted about 20 mins, so it was 8.20pm when it was finished.

I was hungry, so I went to Liberty Inn to grab something, but was distraught to find them closing up for the day Oh well! We had a wee walk about Italy next. Chris didn’t believe me when I said there wasn’t a quick service option here. Why isn’t there by the way? Surely a wee pizza window would making a killing!

We got our photos taken at the fountain by the most enthusiastic CM ever. He had us doing so many poses and was very particular about everything, even where we placed our hands!

Full disclosure - I have added a filter to these. I only stumbled across the filter option on MDE when I got to this day, so I wanted to try them!

Love Chris's dimples in this one. Too cute

Forced display of affection!

After that we started making our way back round to The Boardwalk.

We stopped at Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club for a beer for Chris and a water for me. However, the CM didn’t hear Chris say water and when he asked about it, she gave it to us for free!

As we were walking over the bridge towards our hotel we saw Illuminations

continued in next post

Edited at 08:12 AM.
Old 9 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

We decided that the night was young and carried on walking to Fantasia Gardens for some mini golf! It is really close, I think it took 10 minutes max to get there.

Chris's fave side (Fairways) was closed so we had to do the other side. I was delighted as it looks way more fun that boring old Fairways

We were pleased to find that it was free with our magic bands! We always thought you had to pay after 4pm, so happy days

I was right, this one is way more fun than Fairways, with plenty surprises along the way!

The last hole had the mop and buckets and they soaked you if you were unlucky enough to be sensed!

Chris decided to try and figure out the sensors……

It took us just under an hour to get round, it was really fun! I would recommend!

Chris beat me of course, despite me getting 3 holes in ones!

Here, enjoy a video of each of us messing up spectacularly

We walked back to the hotel and had quite a wait at the zebra crossing. Americans just don't seem to abide by them, do they?! Anyway, we got back about 10.10 and saw that the pool was still open. I realise it doesn’t look that way in the below photo, but I promise it was!

You might have noticed a severe lack of food on my behalf this evening, so a quick visit to Picabu was required where we picked up a pizza, red wine (for Chris, not me cos bleugh) and a diet coke and took it back to the room.

The pizza was really tasty and only $13.50! We demolished it off pretty quickly and then hit the sack, about 11pm!

For a day with no real plans, it ended up being a really good one

Steps today – 22,766

Join us for the next day where we do EMH at Hollywood Studios and spend the evening offsite! It's here

Edited at 11:48 AM.
Old 9 Aug 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
fairyella
Getting Excited

Another great day! Guardians of the Galaxy show looked good fun. Love Fantasia Gardens 😊. Your top from Character Warehouse is lovely, I love the bow on the back x

Quality Inn Intl/Tradewinds St.Petes - July 1991
Delta Orlando/Adams Mark Clearwater - Sep 1993
Windsor Palms Villa - March 2005 & March 2006
Formosa Gardens Villa - April 2007
Sunset Ridge Villa/RPR - August 2012
Lake Buena Vista Resort/RPR - August 2015
Vista Cay Resort/HRH - August 2016 & August 2017
Oak Island Harbour Villa - August 2018
Rosen Pointe/Zota Beach Longboat Key- Feb 2019
Watersong Villa/RPR - July 2019, CSR -Sep 2020
fairyella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by fairyella View Post
Another great day! Guardians of the Galaxy show looked good fun. Love Fantasia Gardens 😊. Your top from Character Warehouse is lovely, I love the bow on the back x
Thank you! The show was so much fun

Ah thanks! Love that top xx
Old 10 Aug 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Another great day - so impressed at what you fit in! I think I have forgotten what it is to do a whole day and night now as our last adults only trip was 2010 😂😂 ah well, not long til she is double digits...😆 loving the flip flop lines and the new Disney top is fab! 👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

I am sad that your breakfast wasn't up to much. Booo. But yay for shopping! Good hauls, AND a turtle, what more does a girl want?

Love that pool. So many memories. Can't believe Chris didn't give you some hot Lays though

That GOTG show looks great fun, hope it's permanent. Love those movies!

Totally agree with you that the food in Morocco isn't the one, and that Italy needs a QS. I swear there used to be a pizza window, we even looked for it one year.

There's a filter option on MDE? Game. Changer.

The golf looks loads of fun, I really wish we'd given it a go when we were staying that way.

Such a great day, loved it! More please.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
flowerpetal
Gone all Goofy

Lovely day, shame about the food at ihop.

There is a pizza window in Italy, it's right towards the back on the left of Via Napoli, can't remember what it's called though!
flowerpetal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Italy does have a QS pizza window! It’s called Pizza al Taglio and is to the left of the entrance to Via Napoli. Though I think it’s one of those annoying ones that is only open during busy times but it was open in April this year. There’s some photos on DFB here.

Mini golf looks good. We still haven’t managed to fit it in but I like the idea of going later in the evening when it’s cooler!

A lovely day
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List