Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 19, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I wouldn't have given my mum an air freshener for her birthday and don't think I'd like to have one as a gift either.

When DH had his 40th birthday (many years ago) his parents totally forgot until a relative said something a few days later so they turned up with a present which was a tub of wet wipes and a chamois leather.

Happy birthday hope you have a lovely day.

Edited at 04:48 AM.
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 05:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Happy birthday !

You are right yo be upset, my son got my DH a packet of salted peanuts and an opened dvd for fathers day one year. DH was on a salt free diet and DH was aged 21. He wasnt being malicious just thoughtless but it is a difficult topic to address.

Maybe give her something similar for her birthday ? Worked for us x

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Very odd, i too wouldn't be happy.
shirley is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Happy Birthday !
Don’t let it spoil your birthday and hope you have a lovely day today. Are you absolutely sure it wasn’t a joke and your real gift will arrive today ?
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy birthday, do you like smellies! Matbe that’s how her mind was working
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

My DD bought me an Osprey diffuser for my birthday. I love it! I’m a bit diffuser mad though, I have them all over the house. I can’t pass a diffuser display without stopping to sniff every one. Does that count as air freshener though? I’m sorry you’re disappointed with your present and hope you have a lovely birthday.
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

What would you want as a present?

I think the amipure is a bit strange but most people buy candles maybe it’s a substitute for that.

I hate buying presents for people who aren’t kids cos I feel like it’s a waste unless that person wanted something specific, in our house there’s nothing me or hubby want and for our in-laws then end up with wine, chocolates and smellys

Father in law got three bottles of whiskey for his birthday one from each child as anything else would have been a bit pointless.

I suppose I’m strange all together as I wouldn’t do presents after 18. Maybe I’ll change my mind when they get that age though
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh no, I hope you can laugh about this one day. It is a crappy present choice and I would ask what her thought process behind it was, give them back and say neither of them are things you like and you hope she thinks about it properly next year. Keep cool, don't be snarky or overly nice - very middle road so it leaves her thinking.

On a side note, my friends husband is horrendous for buying gifts, one year he bought her a box of paracetamol.
Yes, that's correct. A 29p box of paracetamol. It's now a running joke!
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Could be worse, I got the other half flowers delivered, a few presents, took her out for dinner and cooked a nice meal the next night for our anniversary weekend. I got a card! Lol
And she earns more than me, so it's not to do with money.
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

The ambi pure air freshener is a bit odd. Have you mentioned at anytime you like scented candles but they make you sneeze or something (I know they have that affect on some people) Maybe the plug in freshener was a good substitute in her eyes.
. I'd bring it up in a jokey way rather than confrontational, but I can see it's disappointing.
It's my birthday next week but I know my daughter will need to remind my 25 year old son, and maybe even the one in his 30's .
I already know what DH has got me as the name of the shop has appeared on our online banking. Same happened last year and I did gently suggest he use the credit card as we only get that statement once a month. Can't complain though as I know he's remembered,
, I'll just have to act suprised at my new Pandora charm 😂

Edited at 07:51 AM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List