Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Aug 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Fabulous report. Those cocktails! I would love to try them all. I do love a good French Martini.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Oh I love the idea of taking my resort mug in my bag.. then secretly transferring it to my mug under the table like pouring alcohol into a non alcoholic drink in reverse... can you imagine the looks?!

I was more thinking I might be too intoxicated to finish it.. I can’t lose my dinner at a TS restaurant.. imagine the headlines ‘women throws up over Disney server after attempting mammoth drink for 3 solo...’ I may get barred from property
yes, perhaps that is a bit dodgy. Maybe you'll just have to give yourself plenty of time to drink it and eat lots of snacks so that you can soak up the alcohol.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Fab summary Abby, I particularly loved Max's I get the feeling he likes being able to have refillable and takeaway drinks haha!

So looking forward to the other trips, I hope your going to blog the Washington trip too xx
Yes, what is it with kids and coca cola? I suppose him liking the drinks is no different to me liking the cocktails though.

I'll definitely do a report for Washington

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Abby! What a round up.

I don't know where to start...

Max loves the free stuff, Joe would be exactly the same.

Loads of great highlights. Tony's is not one I'd normally imagine being in there but it sounds like you had great food and service in there so it has obviously earned it's place.

All your quick service highlights sound so good, Blaze and Polite Pig are 2 I'm sad we missed out on. Those POFQ breakfasts were fantastic though.

Cheetos as a top snack, poor show from Kate there.

Glad to see Cowfish in your highlights.

Your future plans sound amazing, Washington and upper class how awesome, I do hope you do a wee trip report, my dh really wants to go there.

Now you have your Universal passes its worth keeping an eye on the annual passholder rates as well for the hotels.

I'm a little jealous as I expected to have 2 trips booked by now but I was pretty unwell and now can't book anything till I know more as I'd have no travel insurance cover.

I'm away now to start reading your full report.
I'm sorry to read you've been so poorly, it sounds pretty serious if you can't get insurance. I hope things are on the mend for you soon and that you aren't feeling too bad at the moment. I'm sending big hugs and lots of love xx

Tony's surprised me also, I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, but now it's a firm favourite. As are Blaze and Polite Pig. I can't wait to go back to PP.

I'm not sure what Kate was thinking with the Cheeto's

Great idea about the AP hotel rates, maybe we can snag a deal.

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
It made me smile to think of everyone pondering their top 3 and then (someone) giving up! My DH says he doesn't like planning as it makes the holiday go too quick just thinking about it, go figure...

A brilliant final summary and you have so much to look forward to. What a great bonus to get the UC flights 😄
Yes I think there was just too much to think about and then when they thought they were finished with their top 3s I made them do rides, shows, characters etc as I figured I'd gather their ideas while it was fresh in their minds.

Originally Posted by tory79 View Post
I really love your reports, looking forward to the full one!
We just came back from 2 weeks in cabana bay on Sunday 18th so we overlapped a lot with your holiday.
We managed 3 meals at hard rock on this trip, we absolutely love it there, especially the cocktails (for me anyway)! Dh wanted to try having a day where we had breakfast, lunch and tea there one day but we never quite got round to it, too many other options!

We spent 3 days in Washington DC a few years ago. I’m not sure if you’ve been there before but it was absolutely brilliant and definitely in our list of places to return to one day. There is so much to do, we barely scratched the surface. Hope you have a fabulous time!
I hope you had a brilliant time at Cabana Bay. It looks like a fab hotel and is great for going to Volcano Bay. 3 meals at Hard Rock is fab, lots of chances to try out all their cocktails.

Never been to DC. I've been following a thread on here in the general planning section about it. Plus of courses I've read other people's trip reports. I'll have to go back to some of them to remind myself of their itineraries.

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Fabulous report. Those cocktails! I would love to try them all. I do love a good French Martini.
It was a really good French Martini too

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for the time and effort put into this as appreciate they are a labour of love. We must've been at Universal at the same time. Thank you for giving me a Disney fix! Your future plans sound fab. Look forward to following along.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for the time and effort put into this as appreciate they are a labour of love. We must've been at Universal at the same time. Thank you for giving me a Disney fix! Your future plans sound fab. Look forward to following along.

M x
Indeed they are a labour of love. It's way more time consuming writing and then posting than you think it's going to be. But it's worth it to be able to relive it all. It makes me appreciate other people's reports a whole lot more too. Some are really good at putting in full descriptions of the food from the menus and I can never be bothered with all that! I'm lucky that everyone tolerates all the times I manage to side track myself too!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you very much for taking the time to do your food trippie thoroughly enjoyed reading along you had some great meals
Look forward to next time

Joan
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Great summary-Cheetos is something my youngest daughter would say as her best snack!

Your trip to Washington sounds great - especially the flight - I hope you’ll let us know what the foods like in UC.

Thanks for doing the food report - I’ll add reading the trip report to be ever increasing to read list (I get sidetracked by the food reports even though we only ever have the QSDP!)
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have just spent 2 hours reading your report start to finish haha.
Wow, incredible! Thank you for taking the time to write this Especially whilst on your holiday! you really utilised your DDP!
Such an amazing magical moment at CRT. Also, we love Cowfish
LOVE the cocktails too - my fave
Current trip report:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1233648

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank you very much for taking the time to do your food trippie thoroughly enjoyed reading along you had some great meals
Look forward to next time

Joan
We had such a fun trip and it was great to be able to share it with you

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Great summary-Cheetos is something my youngest daughter would say as her best snack!

Your trip to Washington sounds great - especially the flight - I hope you’ll let us know what the foods like in UC.

Thanks for doing the food report - I’ll add reading the trip report to be ever increasing to read list (I get sidetracked by the food reports even though we only ever have the QSDP!)
Cheetos though, surely there's something better she could have thought of, but I'm glad to see she isn't the only one.

I'll definitely report back on the full experience of UC

Originally Posted by Finn family View Post
I have just spent 2 hours reading your report start to finish haha.
Wow, incredible! Thank you for taking the time to write this Especially whilst on your holiday! you really utilised your DDP!
Such an amazing magical moment at CRT. Also, we love Cowfish
LOVE the cocktails too - my fave
I'm glad to have kept you entertained. I felt like we did well on the DDP and had some really varied meals. Even though some of them were not perfect I'm happy we did all the meals. I think my parents were surprised how varied the food was.

Old 25 Aug 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Well Abby I finally caught up. Possibly lingered too long over pics of the stingray margarita Ha ha.
What an awesome food fest this was. loved reading along and always so great to read about your lovely family. looking forward to the trippy and next years adventures .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Nicely summed up - The lack of enthusiasm from, particularly Max and Dave, made me laugh. Poor Max, not being allowed to have his favourite cookie as top of the list! I bet if your mum and dad get back to you, Beignets will be on your dad's list for sure.

Exciting plans to come... Washington DC, and upper class flying are both on my bucket list. We're desperately saving BA Avios points as much as we can right now! If you have any tips I'd be very grateful I really hope you do a trip report for Washington so I can get more ideas to add to my "to do's" for there.

Also, your next Florida trip next year... I'm sure whether you stick with CSR or choose other accommodation you'll have a blast anyway. Are you sure you want to add Dave, Max and Kate to the booking? I'm sure I detected a bit of reluctance there

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List