Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Oct 18, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

Cheese! What's your favourite?

I'm lucky enough to be the cheese buyer at work. The selection of good cheeses here (in the US) has come along leaps and bounds in the last 20 years. I've tried many, but none have beaten my favourite which is Keen's Cheddar from England.

keenscheddar

What's your favourite?

With crackers? An apple? On toast?
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsNobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I work near by this place

northumberlandcheese/?_cookies=YES

They are all my favourites 😋
Although I to be fair apart from stilton/blue cheese theres isnt a bad cheese.
MrsNobby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post

I like most cheeses, always like to have some Port Salut (amongst other things) with crackers. I have never eaten cheese with an apple, for on toast a very mature cheddar.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

I know many will not understand my choice (that’s what makes the world go around) but I just LOVE haloumi. I love it grilled, on a salad with some sweet chilli chutney. Yum 😋
Old 29 Oct 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I like non traditional cheeses that are creamy. Gouda with cumin, Gjetost goats cheese (tastes like Caramac chocolate), Bowland Lancashire cheese with raisins, apple and cinnamon. I discovered all these things when we lived in Nantwich, Cheshire where there is a big country show every year and the International cheese awards. DH enjoys mature English cheese, preferably eaten with Hovis digestives found many new favourites including Belton cheeses and Blacksticks Blue.
We live 50 miles away now but when I buy cheese for Christmas I will be going to Nantwich Market.

nantwichshow/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I love most cheeses apart from the really smelly ones.

I love smoked cheese with paprika that they sell in Aldi. I also love any tongue tickling mature cheddar. I also love a good brie, halloumi, feta, paneer...the list goes on.

I like to eat it with crackers. My favourite sort are water biscuits.

I also love mature cheddar on toast.

Making me hungry thinking about it.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

A favourite? You mean I have to choose?😬

I like a lot of soft cheeses like Brie or Camembert. I also like smoked cheeses and cheeses with onion or cranberries. I also love halloumi. Cheddar, Cheshire ... I like them all. All except blue cheeses. I don’t like blue cheese at all.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I love cheese!
I don’t eat that much of it though except at Christmas.
My favourite is Monte Enebro followed by Brillat Truffe.
Plus, it wouldn’t be Christmas without good old Wensleydale with cranberries!

I also love halloumi but only if it’s been grilled or fried.
OH and DS love all cheese. Christmas Eve is always cheese and wine night and they buy WAY too much!

Edited at 08:19 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The only cheese I have ever not liked is emmental (sp?). I am less keen on the edam types tho.

For those of you into halumi there is a bottomless prosecco and halumi afternoon tea that we have our eye on!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
I like non traditional cheeses that are creamy. Gouda with cumin, Gjetost goats cheese (tastes like Caramac chocolate), Bowland Lancashire cheese with raisins, apple and cinnamon. I discovered all these things when we lived in Nantwich, Cheshire where there is a big country show every year and the International cheese awards. DH enjoys mature English cheese, preferably eaten with Hovis digestives found many new favourites including Belton cheeses and Blacksticks Blue.
We live 50 miles away now but when I buy cheese for Christmas I will be going to Nantwich Market.

nantwichshow/
We’ve had the caramac one. It’s a bit odd! You can’t eat much of it

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List