Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Help writing a thankyou card for school

We are into the final countdown now for my daughter to leave junior school, 1 week to go eek ... pressies bought for teacher and a card for her to write but as a special thankyou I’ve made a staff room pack up with chocolates, coffee, sugar , tea, biscuits etc for them all to share and a thankyou card but I’m stuck on what to write, I don’t want it to be overly mushy but they have been on the whole great with her this last few years, she has autism and anxiety and had a few trying times over the years that school really helped with , I want to acknowledge that and them know we are very grateful for all the support but my minds gone blank, I’m sat down with card now , had a little cry daft moo that I am but just can’t put the words together so thought I’d ask you guys for any ideas ... I’m usually good at rattling lol but I’m really stuck on this , thanks xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

If just re-read what you wrote on here ... I think you’ve put it perfectly. They will not judge your eloquence but I’d imagine they’d be quite overwhelmed by what you are saying , which is they made a positive impact on the lives of your Dd and the family. If I quote you, but address it to them you are saying :

As I am writing this card, I am quite emotional and stuck for how I can express what I feel. I don’t want to be overly sentimental but you have been great for my daughter over the past few years. As you know she has anxiety and autism and we have had some really trying times. School have really helped both Dd and, in turn, our family and I just want to acknowledge your help and express how grateful we are for your support.

You can tidy that up and change it, but what you have said is from the heart, and who can ask for more than that. You could also mention if you think they have given her a good grounding to launch herself into high school.

Best wishes to you and good luck to your Dd for Sept x
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
If just re-read what you wrote on here ... I think you’ve put it perfectly. They will not judge your eloquence but I’d imagine they’d be quite overwhelmed by what you are saying , which is they made a positive impact on the lives of your Dd and the family. If I quote you, but address it to them you are saying :

As I am writing this card, I am quite emotional and stuck for how I can express what I feel. I don’t want to be overly sentimental but you have been great for my daughter over the past few years. As you know she has anxiety and autism and we have had some really trying times. School have really helped both Dd and, in turn, our family and I just want to acknowledge your help and express how grateful we are for your support.

You can tidy that up and change it, but what you have said is from the heart, and who can ask for more than that. You could also mention if you think they have given her a good grounding to launch herself into high school.

I think what Meboo said sums it up perfectly
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I know how you feel. My eldest has type 1 diabetes and coeliac disease and my youngest is considered dyslexic (pending diagnosis) and our primary school have shown both of them nothing other than inclusion, acceptance and support for their conditions.

When the time comes I shall probably do the same as you, a staff gift box a week before they all leave and a note similar to yours.
Old 26 Jun 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by meboo View Post

Thankyou so much that’s perfect , set me off crying again xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
I know how you feel. My eldest has type 1 diabetes and coeliac disease and my youngest is considered dyslexic (pending diagnosis) and our primary school have shown both of them nothing other than inclusion, acceptance and support for their conditions.

When the time comes I shall probably do the same as you, a staff gift box a week before they all leave and a note similar to yours.
Thankyou , I thought of the staff room pack because although my daughters year group finishes next week schools still open for a fortnight for staff and all the other children but the year 6s around here move up for two weeks transition before the school holidays which I thinks a brilliant idea , she’s actually there now having an extra transition familiarising herself with the new school layout
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Thankyou so much that’s perfect , set me off crying again xx
You wrote it, not me 😉 xx
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

What a lovely thought! I agree what you wrote is perfect, my son didn’t get the support in primary school, so we moved him to a special school. So when teachers do go that extra mile it is great to show appreciation. Good luck to your daughter in Senior School x

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That’s lovely Sam and yes straight from the heart , good luck to lily , she will love it 😘
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
What a lovely thought! I agree what you wrote is perfect, my son didn’t get the support in primary school, so we moved him to a special school. So when teachers do go that extra mile it is great to show appreciation. Good luck to your daughter in Senior School x
Thankyou x she likes school ... most of the time ,and the routine it gives her , she’s looking forward to her new adventures but she’s only known her current school since she started there at nursery so think next weeks going to be emotional , for her and me