Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

aha see what you meant now

as above be at 90 % before any other illness etc etc
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Definately 2 sessions per day, this is a screenshot of my youngests attendance record that was in her report last week.

We had a weeks holiday in termtime last year without issue and she still ended up above average attendance at 96.77% and 300 sessions out of 310
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Do the 17 days include weekends or is rhar 17 school days, if so it would be less time out of school, just clarifying rather than assuming
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My kids school brake it down by sessions.
They have a AM session and a PM session.
My son has just had his end of year report and his attendance was 99.7%.
He missed 1 morning session throughout the year.
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As a teacher.
Ur child is missing 10% of the accademic year they will never recover that time.
I would say reconsider. If child has flu etc then ur looking intervention from EWO and thats not good.
This is about more than a fine...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Schools must meet for at least 380 sessions or 190 days during any school year to
educate their pupils. So if you are intend to have your child absent for 17 days then that is 34 sessions which means (380-34)/380 = 91% attendance. This is way below the acceptable level and you could expect to be finned and even maybe taken to court.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
As a teacher.
Ur child is missing 10% of the accademic year they will never recover that time.
I would say reconsider. If child has flu etc then ur looking intervention from EWO and thats not good.
This is about more than a fine...
As someone who missed more school due to illness/injury/disability PLUS 2 weeks a year holiday. Just going to throw a spanner in the works and say I have a degree, work full time in something to do with my degree, work part time in a job I absolutely love the bones of and wouldn’t swap for the world.

Please don’t say the child will never recover... it doesn’t damage everyone in such severe ways. It’s different if you’ve got a child who’s parents are interested in taking them to school etc but this is not the case here.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Different circumstances, my son had a small operation which got infected so he ended up having 3 weeks off school (15 actual school days) he also had the odd day off sick plus hospital appointments.
We had a meeting at school yesterday regarding his attendance. We have difficulty getting him into school so the school is working with us.
But they took the 3 weeks off very seriously and that was due to medical reasons.
He is 13 in year 8 so not sure if that makes a difference
I think it also depends when the holidays are. Early in the school year they are still settling in etc the very last few weeks of school is generally trips & movies
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

As pp have said there are 190 days and 380 sessions. So 17 school days is 34 sessions. I think going below 95% ( not sure if it's 95% or 90%) at our school warrants the attendance officer for the LEA getting involved.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
How would I work out attendance?

I have booked to go away again and the new school had different holiday to the old an things have gone wrong so now they will be out of school 17 days rather than the 12 we originally thought.

Husband is worrying now and we have thought about changing it to two weeks but it wouldn’t be any cheaper but would get changed £200 to amend so lose lose.
That is a lot of school time to miss, you are taking them out of school for 10% of the school year.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List