Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jul 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Ideas on how I can make this holiday the best ever

Hi all!

I am going to WDW in November for my first solo holiday.

I am certainly not a stranger of WDW as ive been going since I was a little girl, but always with my family.

If anyone has got any advice on what I can do, or how I can approach his trip differently to make it the best/most memorable ever?

Obviously I will be going to all the parks and will be making the most out of memory maker for some nice photos of myself (selfies just don't cut it, do they!?).

Any advice or tips would be lovely.

x
Old 30 Jul 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

No advice as I have never travelled solo, although it is something I would like to do in the future, so just wanted to wish you well and follow along so that I can hopefully pick up some tips for the future 😊
Old 30 Jul 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
No advice as I have never travelled solo, although it is something I would like to do in the future, so just wanted to wish you well and follow along so that I can hopefully pick up some tips for the future 😊
Thank you! I shall be documenting/writing about my Disney holiday when I am back home come late November so keep an eye out!
Old 30 Jul 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Do everything you want to do that you didn't do when you weren't going solo!
I have been 3 times still haven't walked around Celebration as husband says it is to Stepford Wives looking .. and still not gone to a beach as it is too sandy... Will do them next year
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Why not do a behind the scenes tour like Keys to the Kingdom?
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Swimming with manatees, helicoptor ride
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

You can do anything you like and when you want. Well as long as it is affordable of course.
Old 30 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Take lots of film and pics.

This will form a memory aid that otherwise is provided by a travelling companion.

Disney332
Old 30 Jul 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve never done a solo trip so can’t comment from experience. However. I do plan a future solo trip. I’d take the opportunity to eat in the lounges. Watch two Nemo shows back to back. Rope drop every day without anyone moaning about early mornings! Take in a couple of tours. Just wander around and take stuff in. Enjoy!
Old 30 Jul 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I went on my first solo trip in May this year and had an amazing time. For me it was to do all the stuff that my family have no interest in so I did things like KTTK and dine with an imagineer (I would highly recommend both) as well as a couple of extra hours events.

I found I park hopped a lot more than I usually would, when there is just you it's so easy to decide on a whim that you fancy going to another park!

Get a charging device, I got a fuel rod as they have lots of the machines there where you can buy and then you just put it back in the machine when you've used it and it gives you a new one (it was $30 but i'll be using it for every trip from now on). I did find I went through phone battery quicker on my own!

Just chat to people, I found pretty much everyone happy to chat with me and most were intrigued why I was there on my own. Most of my meals were QS so I often got asked if a group could share my table which I never minded and it was a nice way to interact.

I also did my first pin trading which was a great way of getting talking to CM's. I just got a lanyard and some pins at the outlet to get me started and went from there. It was so much fun, I got one for my sister too so we can carry on doing it in September.

Any questions just ask, i'm happy to share any info I can

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List