Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bumble Bee
I want to go now!

Esta help!

We go on Sunday and planned to do our ESTA applications today! Just heard about the update should we go ahead and try or wait until tomorrow! So annoyed at myself for leaving it so late
Bumble Bee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I'd wait until tomorrow...you are still outside the 72 hour window, so don't throw another variable into the mix (the updates)... and do it carefully. !
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
I'd wait until tomorrow...you are still outside the 72 hour window, so don't throw another variable into the mix (the updates)... and do it carefully. !
Certainly do it carefully and make sure you don't leave any wrong "YES" answers to an obvious "NO" question or you won't be getting any where near a plane on Sunday.

Mick
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bumble Bee
I want to go now!

Thanks! Just so worried that the update wont be complete by tomorrow! We had to wait on my sons new passport but it did arrive last week, i really should have completed the ESTAs then... I feel sick!
Bumble Bee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bumble Bee View Post
Thanks! Just so worried that the update wont be complete by tomorrow! We had to wait on my sons new passport but it did arrive last week, i really should have completed the ESTAs then... I feel sick!
You can't turn the clock back now so please be very careful

The chances of any bona fide traveller being refused are extremely low but over the years the main reason for rejection, to be frank, is carelessness.

If you've done one before you'll remember the page with maybe a dozen questions with options yes or no. The obvious answer is always NO but for some technical reason some Dibbers have had the answer change to YES.

Don't leave that page until you see every answer remains at NO. Then just before payment page there's another chance to check the answers. Make sure there's no yeses slipped through.

It's not a race - if it takes 30 minutes to do it then so be it. Better that than rushing, being refused and no holiday.

Mick
Old 5 Aug 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bumble Bee
I want to go now!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! Yes we have completed them before but i will be extra careful.. Just hope that the update is complete by tomorrow so i can get them done..
Old 5 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Wow I’d never leave applying so late, one simple mistake and your holiday could be ruined, as you’d never get an appointment at the embassy before you go. Just take your time doing the forms and triple check each question before you fill it out
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

I applied for mine about an hour ago and it has been approved already so the update shouldn't affect anything, I would apply ASAP since you're going so soon
Rebecca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bumble Bee
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rebecca_ View Post
I applied for mine about an hour ago and it has been approved already so the update shouldn't affect anything, I would apply ASAP since you're going so soon
Oh my goodness really! ..Maybe I should try it now, I keep looking on the ESTA website and the red banner with the update announcement is still there... My husband thinks we should wait until tomorrow!
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bumble Bee View Post
Oh my goodness really! ..Maybe I should try it now, I keep looking on the ESTA website and the red banner with the update announcement is still there... My husband thinks we should wait until tomorrow!
Whatever you're more comfortable with, I applied for mine around an hour and a half ago & when I checked back an hour later it was approved already.

Did my boyfriends 20 minutes ago and his is still showing as pending for now.

As far as I was aware the website update only affects applications which were still awaiting payment? Even if you wait until tomorrow you'll still be within your 72 hours so don't stress if you'd prefer to wait just in case 🙂
Rebecca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List