Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
You can also do it with Barclays app, up to the value of £500 and a maximum of 4 a week. Few you can’t do eg gov ones for refund of car tax!
I suspect MH gets many cheques over the £500 limit!
Old 22 Aug 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
My DH has stopped taking cheques, he has bank transfers. No time to waste going to the bank. (he doesn't drink coffee)! So no time wasting in Costa.

Have you got your wipes ready for the plane, you might have booked the same seats we had previously, and we left them really mucky!
I don't like taking cheques, but some people (usually elderly) don't know how to do bank transfers and don't have the cash, so it can be a pain paying them in, although fortunately I don't get many (mainly because I don't work much).

If I did a little 10-20 minute job for an elderly person I used to tell them to just give me half of my minimum call out charge (even though they had agreed it prior to my visit), and then they would pull out the cheque book and another 10 minutes wasted, and me wishing I had charged them full price because I then had to go to the bank as well!

In view of what your idea of IFE is in club, I think I will bring plastic seat covers on the plane just in case you have sat there prior to me. I booked our favourite middle seats today for the outbound flight next week, so I'm happy and that saved around £200 from pre booking.

Most of my cheques are only around £5 (I'm cheap).

No app for paying in HSBC cheques I'm afraid.

Edited at 02:43 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This holiday was booked for my dh as he wanted to swim in the sea, last year in Florida there was red tide and a lot of the beaches were affected so he only went in a couple of times. If I had my way we would of had 5 nights in NY! Oh well maybe next time
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
That’s a result saving on pre booking seats! I’m never brave enough to risk being split up.
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

That’s a result saving on pre booking seats! I’m never brave enough to risk being split up.
We could afford to book the seats if we wanted, but we can't justify the rip off cost of up to £117 each per seat per flight, so we will take the risk. There appears to still be lots of empty seats flying out in club, but only 2 seats are left for the return flight as it's completely sold out. As it stands the 2 remaining seats are the 2 together in the centre, so fingers crossed they will remain empty until we book 7 days before we fly (we are only bronze),

I did a dummy booking of one club seat for the return flight, and surprisingly it showed no club seats available. I thought they over sold seats, but that doesn't appear to be the case?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
We paid £99 each last year. Painful considering what the tickets cost in the first place. £117 is a rip off!
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We paid £99 each last year. Painful considering what the tickets cost in the first place. £117 is a rip off!
I think the club seats start at around £80 each per flight up to £117. Funny enough they still have some outbound £117 to book free (if bronze or above).

Are you bronze level?
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I think the club seats start at around £80 each per flight up to £117. Funny enough they still have some outbound £117 to book free (if bronze or above).

Are you bronze level?
I think so!
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

I think so!
You should know what level you are as they email you and send you the BA bronze cards. Just log into the BA executive club and it will tell you. It will also show how many avios points you have.

You technically need 300 points a year to be bronze, but if you only fly once a year to Orlando in club both ways, that is 280 points, but they still allow you to remain as bronze even though it’s 20 points short.
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
You should know what level you are as they email you and send you the BA bronze cards. Just log into the BA executive club and it will tell you. It will also show how many avios points you have.

You technically need 300 points a year to be bronze, but if you only fly once a year to Orlando in club both ways, that is 280 points, but they still allow you to remain as bronze even though it’s 20 points short.
I’m blue. I don’t travel often enough obviously.