Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger1983
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I feel I'm doing too much before my holiday. Monday I rested, but Tuesday I worked 6 hours, Wednesday 5 hours, today 2 hours, tomorrow 2 to 3 hours, and even Tuesday (the day before we go to Gatwick) I have agreed to do a little job for a regular customer 1 to 1.5 hours. I don't usually work 4 days a week, but I've pushed mysef due to my Florida holiday.

I will have a week's break after my holiday to deal with jet leg, but do others feel they also work too many hours prior to their holiday?
are you being serious 18 hrs a week is too much
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
I’m blue. I don’t travel often enough obviously.
I thought you flew club in the last year. Bronze doesn’t have many great benefits anyway, the best being reserving seats 7 days before the flight, whereas silver and above allow seats to be reserved as soon as you book the flight.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tigger1983 View Post
are you being serious 18 hrs a week is too much
It’s not just the 18 hours, but the preparation, travelling to the jobs. Today’s job took me almost 20 minutes to get to due to an accident.

There is also a danger element, such standing on a step ladder, and like today I was replacing ceiling lights, so plaster could end up in my eyes. Walking around a loft for 10 minutes is risky as I could fall through the ceiling, as well as dealing with itchy insulation and dust.

When the SAS stormed the embassy, no one commented that they were only working for a few hours.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I thought you flew club in the last year. Bronze doesn’t have many great benefits anyway, the best being reserving seats 7 days before the flight, whereas silver and above allow seats to be reserved as soon as you book the flight.
We went last year, but flew to Spain this year. Norwegian. Working on DH for a Florida trippie next year, but just getting a new car, so can’t push him too much!
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
surann
Very Serious Dibber

working hours

It’s not just the 18 hours, but the preparation, travelling to the jobs. Today’s job took me almost 20 minutes to get to due to an accident.

There is also a danger element, such standing on a step ladder, and like today I was replacing ceiling lights, so plaster could end up in my eyes. Walking around a loft for 10 minutes is risky as I could fall through the ceiling, as well as dealing with itchy insulation and dust.

When the SAS stormed the embassy, no one commented that they were only working for a few hours.
ok i get it you are just winding people up
surann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by surann View Post
ok i get it you are just winding people up
No, I am serious. Plus I have to do live testing of electrical installations, so that is potentially very dangerous and could result in death (strange how I forgot the most obvious danger),
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I thought I was slacking off this week after only working 63 hours, instead of the 70 I did last week!

Take care of yourself, and don’t over do it MH
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've just noticed your count down lol, think we definitely need a trip report for that one. Anyway I think
you have time to fit that sink before you go.
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I am on annual leave this week. 2 13hr bank shifts down, one to go... feel better?

Edited at 10:48 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Porridge helps

Disney332