Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sarah82
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Tokyo Disney v Universal Studios

Hi
We are travelling to Japan in August (yes I know it will be hot & yes I know the Olympics are on & yes we are probably crazy!)
There will be 2ad & 2ch (5&4 yrs)
I’m fairly set on spending 3 days at Disney but should we also head to Universal? Planning on travelling to Koyoto anyway ?!
sarah82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

There’s a great trip report called When You Gachapon a Star over in the general trip reports forum, the latest instalment includes a day at Universal Studios Osaka and a stay at the Minions themed hotel. The photos of the nighttime parade are amazing- we’re not going to make it to Japan for a couple of years (at least!) but the parade photos sealed it for us- we’re definitely adding Osaka to our initinary!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

If you plan on going to universal then take care on the day you go. Check queue predictors as USJ is really popular. Queues can get very long. Of course there are an abundance of ticket and fastpass options. It will take you about an hour from kyoto main station.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sarah82 View Post
Hi
We are travelling to Japan in August (yes I know it will be hot & yes I know the Olympics are on & yes we are probably crazy!)
There will be 2ad & 2ch (5&4 yrs)
I’m fairly set on spending 3 days at Disney but should we also head to Universal? Planning on travelling to Koyoto anyway ?!
You’re not mad I’m going back in August too. We did DisneySea only last time but this time we will do Universal studios as DS 12 wants to go for Nintendo World. If it wasn’t for that, we probably wouldn’t bother. I am concerned about the queues though as it would have only just opened in time for the Olympics. I’m toying with staying onsite, but it’s more than I really want to spend along with everything else. We definitely will do it though as that is the only Nintendo world anywhere at the moment. I also was going to go to Osaka anyway
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I did a trip report for our August trip.. we visited Disney and Universal. If you want to have a read it might give you ideas of what to expect. I’ll see if I can find a link for the days we went to the parks.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=Dubai+japan

Hope that helps. ☺️
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List