Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Dec 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Itinerary suggestions for adult only trip

Hi - We will be visiting Orlando for 2 weeks from 11th September and doing all of the parks (bit mad I know)! We have 1 week at the Destino Tower and one at Universal.

Has anyone done all of the parks recently and can recommend any good tips/itinerary suggestions?

Thanks
Old 17 Dec 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Its not mad, my first trip with DH we had 2 weeks (1 on site at Disney and 1 on I Drive) we done all the Disney parks, Universal studios, shopping and the Kennedy space centre all without a car... think we even managed a lazy day and a round of golf in there too.
Assuming you know your days will be long and activity filled it will be amazing.
I know its not for everyone but I found detailed planning the key to fitting it all in. Before anyone can help I guess it helps to know a bit about how you like to holiday? i.e. are you eat on the go or do you like to sit over a meal? are you pool ppl or golf ppl?
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks so much We have got the Disney Dining Plan included for the first week so really want to fit in a nice sit down meal each day. Would like to factor in some pool time too if possible. Nice to know it can all be done with a smile we won't have a car either and will use Uber/Lyft (hopefully problem free).
Old 17 Dec 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan14
Getting Excited

i would suggest halloween horror nights is a must do whilst your at universal orlando as it will be their 30th anniversary so bound to be big.
disneyfan14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi for a week on site we would suggest 1/2 signature meals and then on a couple of nights use quick service ie blaze pizza fo dinner. Yachtsman followed by a few cocktails at jelly rolls for the duelling pianos. In September it shouldn’t be to busy and with good use of fast passes it should be quite relaxed, some time back at the hotel or pool and then out for the evening. Overall good planning makes it all easier and saves wasted time.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi should have said make sure to look at and book some restaurants, some of the more popular ones are hard to get reservation at peak times, 7/8 o’clock, also at sixty days get fast passes booked for the star rides just in case
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We use touringplans for our itineraries. I find it loads easier to maximise the day with the ride orders and expected times
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by spongebob10 View Post
Hi - We will be visiting Orlando for 2 weeks from 11th September and doing all of the parks (bit mad I know)! We have 1 week at the Destino Tower and one at Universal.

Has anyone done all of the parks recently and can recommend any good tips/itinerary suggestions?

Thanks
We are an adult only party, I am not sure what “all the parks” includes but we have done Disney and Universal on one trip, although more often we do one or the other because of the ticket expense.

With a week onsite at Disney, I would plan to go to the parks every day and I would make one trip to Disney Springs. We went at the same time this year and found it extremely hot, particularly from around 1pm to 5/6pm so I would make the most of the mornings, book FPs for the morning, keep the afternoon plans flexible (possibly go back to resort for a bit) and then come back out again in the evenings, maybe have a few TS meals in the parks. I would pre-book two days of FPs for each of Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and one day of FPs for Epcot.

A week at Universal is quite a long time, so if you want to go to the malls or have a complete rest day, I would factor that in for when you are here. Universal doesn’t need any planning though, most restaurants are walk ins and there isn’t a fast pass system so we normally decide on the day. You might want to look into which park has the early opening times and take advantage of that a couple of times.

We generally do both parks each day and walk between the two via Citywalk, possibly stopping for lunch there. Having done the Hogwarts Express a few times, we don’t feel the need to use it to move between the parks as the queues can be quite long and it seems easier walking.

Edited at 12:02 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you all very much. We are doing Disney, Seaworld, Universal, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens so I think we will be busy every single day.

As you say, hopefully Disney will not be tooooooo busy in September and we will have some time to return to the hotel and relax before heading out for the evening. Jelly Rolls looks great Some great hints and tips, thanks again
Old 19 Dec 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

You obviously got a lot to fit into 14 days. I would consider making use of the Volcano Bay early entry for guests if stay at Universal. It will let you get a lot done and be finished with Volcano Bay by lunchtime leaving you to do another of the Universal parks in the afternoon evening.

Might help your maximise your time compared to early entry into one of the Universal parks - which helps but I think helps more with Volcano Bay.

I don't know if you have bought any tickets yet but you can really spend a whole 14 days just doing Disney for example, so it might be worth you considering dropping some of the tickets and getting more time and value out of less tickets ? Your going to spend a lot of money and not get all the benefit buying so many tickets.

Good luck whatever you choose

Edited at 04:57 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List