Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yes but only because I started feeling ill just as I sat down to eat my lunch and that was that. Day in and out of the bathroom. Caught a bug. Wouldn’t care ordinarily but it was my grandsons first Christmas and I wanted to do everything for my daughter and her wife for the day so they could just chill. Baby still waking 2-3 hourly at 4 months old. Very worried now that may have infected everyone who was here (lots of hugs etc and I made the lunch before I realised I was sick). Just keeping everything crossed that no-one gets ill.
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

To be honest yeah, it’s been a bit of a weird day and has now been the third or fourth Christmas I just haven’t enjoyed. I find them quite difficult and I think today has made me decide I want to go on holiday next year just me and husband x
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Everyone did actually agree that our dinner was delicious this year. We had the same as you last year, our turkey was dry and the whole meal really disappointing. Redeemed ourselves this year though 😀
Actually I cook a good roast but am under pressure to get it all nice on Christmas Day, my potatoes weren’t crispy today. I found it all too much, work my ≈≈≈≈ off and get complaints, I’m just tired and grumpy and glad today’s over. Hopefully tomorrow will be better x
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes and no. Everything went well this year with the cooking, and we all enjoyed ourselves. The last couple of years have been a bit strange as we lost my dad in August 2017, but this year I felt we coped a bit better.
I just feel as we are all adults over 25 there is an element missing with no young kids in the family.
I'm a bit conflicted, yes we had a lovely family time but Christmas once a year is enough.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Stella_11
Excited about Disney

Yes, thank goodness its over with. I am not doing that again.
Stella_11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am gutted it’s over. Kids are too 😢
We have had a lovely day though. Roll on next Christmas lol
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m sad it’s over, it’s been a lovely day but I will be happy to have some time off work and actually being able to relax, lie in, have a pj day and not be rushing around in the Christmas chaos that I have been since I broke up from work.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I think maybe I’m just being grumpy cos it seems to have been a long day.

I say every year we aren’t going to go over on the presents and we aren’t going to go mad with Christmas dinner.

And what did we do? Both those.

I find it difficult when people visit us rather than us to to them as we are sort of waiting around to host and I just wanna be in my pjs really.

Started off great. Kids stockings, presents but it got a bit much as I had bought too many things as usual. Find it difficult to make sure everything is cleaned away and they don’t have everything everywhere or we will lose stuff.
Kids uncle came round and played with them for 2 hours while I tried to cook.
The dinner didn’t go well and I think this is where it all started. Both kids had tantrums etc, I feel more like a maid hoovering and making cuppas.
After dinner was great we played games although the kids got a bit cross cos they couldn’t do it.
Then aunt,nan and Grandad came for 2 hours. Some reason their nan seemed a bit sour with me but no idea why.
Then it was just more tantrums for the majority of the evening by my eldest.

I feel like I put too much on this one day to be so great and when it doesn’t turn out like that I get grumpy.

I need to next year
• limit presents
• make Sunday dinner plus pigs in blankets-nothing else
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
To be honest yeah, it’s been a bit of a weird day and has now been the third or fourth Christmas I just haven’t enjoyed. I find them quite difficult and I think today has made me decide I want to go on holiday next year just me and husband x
That's what we are doing too!
Old 26 Dec 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We’ve had a lovely relaxing day. Nothing more than Sunday dinner but with presents
This describes our day too. Except with an overtired toddler around so it wasn’t entirely relaxing, but we did have a lovely time.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List