Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Neighbour interrogating potential buyers.

Don't know if there's much we can do.
We are selling my mother's bungalow, it's in a small complex in a tourist hot spot.
The estate agent contacted us last week saying the neighbour is coming out and interrogating potential buyers.
I saw the neighbour and asked her not to do it and she agreed
However again this morning the EA on the phone saying again the neighbour is out quizzing people they are showing around.
And God help anyone who goes for a quiet walk by.
According to the neighbour these people have been very rude to her, probably in response to her questioning.
Anyhow we have another viewing where the potential buyers have said they will view in spite of the neighbour!
Any advice?
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Don't know if there's much we can do.
We are selling my mother's bungalow, it's in a small complex in a tourist hot spot.
The estate agent contacted us last week saying the neighbour is coming out and interrogating potential buyers.
I saw the neighbour and asked her not to do it and she agreed
However again this morning the EA on the phone saying again the neighbour is out quizzing people they are showing around.
And God help anyone who goes for a quiet walk by.
According to the neighbour these people have been very rude to her, probably in response to her questioning.
Anyhow we have another viewing where the potential buyers have said they will view in spite of the neighbour!
Any advice?
Ask the neighbour nicely to refrain, offer to keep the neighbour up to date with your decision

Ultimately there is nothing you can do to stop a person talking to another person though
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Hmmm , maybe you can.
See if your local PCO will have a quiet word with her about harassing your viewers.

Alternatively give us the address and we can ALL go for a quiet walk by

Or …….. find a friend to knock on her door and ask her if SHE is an acceptable neighbour

Sorry , we used to have an insane neighbour and had we wanted to sell whilst they were still there we’d probably have similar problems , it really isn’t funny .

Edited at 09:55 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

If you try to do anything official then you'd probably have to declare that as a dispute with a neighbour in the selling pack?
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Put a sign outside. Neighbour has Covid.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
If you try to do anything official then you'd probably have to declare that as a dispute with a neighbour in the selling pack?

That’s why I suggested a quiet unofficial word by the PCO ……although it appears all the viewers know already about the issue anyway !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Is the estate agent doing the viewing? I would have expected an estate agent to have received some training in how to put a positive angle on this (on the plus side you know your property is going to be secure with good neighbourhood watch), and also how to deflect the questions and move the new viewers on. I would talk to them and ask if maybe a more experience staff member could conduct the viewings.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tfmay
Getting Excited

I would attend the viewing to see what exactly is happening if time/distance allows to see if the neighbour does it when you are there.
Maybe just as they arrive suggest you’d love to look at her kitchen/cup of tea at her house 😂
tfmay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

I’d find that infuriating- and it could put potential buyers off if they think they’re living next to a busy body. Do you know what they’re asking buyers about? If not, could you get a friend to do a viewing and report back?
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

You mentioned it is in a tourist hot spot...wonder if she's checking if they are going to be living in the house,or second home owners ?