Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Jul 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Do you need to include proof of BLC or have it at checkin?
I have seen this floating around forums and wondered whats to stop everyone just using it.
My mum has offered to book for us to get the discount.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Do you need to include proof of BLC or have it at checkin?
I have seen this floating around forums and wondered whats to stop everyone just using it.
My mum has offered to book for us to get the discount.
I'm not sure but I would imagine they will ask to see the blc at check in or at least 'spot check' people.
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

You have a code when claiming the discount on the blue light app and they ask for the code when you call to apply the discount. It can only be used by the card holder, so they have to be a named guest on the booking. They may ask for proof at check in perhaps but that isn’t in the terms and conditions as far as I can tell.
I emailed to add the discount and had a reply to say I needed to call and have it applied
ElsasGloves is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rang disney today to book ours and applied the code.
Asked if I needed to take card with me to show at resort. No was the answer.
Just get the code and email them for 5% off

Edited at 07:37 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
livvipivvi
Trying for More Ears

My hubby has a defence discount card and was thinking of booking for next summer. It’s 2 rooms so will have to ring and so will definitely miss out on the Quidco cashback, so have to weigh up what gets us the best price?

But before I phone them, does anyone know if you can still get the free dining credit and $200 gift card while using the 5% DDS / BLC discount please?

TIA 😊
August 2018 WDW - POFQ & AK
July 2020 DLP - NPB
livvipivvi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by livvipivvi View Post
My hubby has a defence discount card and was thinking of booking for next summer. It’s 2 rooms so will have to ring and so will definitely miss out on the Quidco cashback, so have to weigh up what gets us the best price?

But before I phone them, does anyone know if you can still get the free dining credit and $200 gift card while using the 5% DDS / BLC discount please?

TIA 😊
Yes, you do BUT BOOK TODAY because I believe the gift card part of the offer runs out today!
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I would wait until after tomorrow if you would like the Dining plan!...Disney has said the dining plan WILL be back and if that is the case you are better off getting the "nights off when released and pay for dining plan ,rather than having to call again and book afresh like i will have to! No point in paying for plan and having loads of food credit on top!..They maybe be able to take the free credits off the plan but knowing Disney they will cancel the first reservation..Also 4 free nights may work out better than dining credit and hamper!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List