Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 5 Aug 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Miasmum
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Any decent west coast vloggers?

Hi I have only ever been to Orlando so have watched TimTracker, PCDev, etc. Any tips for west coast?
Miasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Miasmum View Post
Hi I have only ever been to Orlando so have watched TimTracker, PCDev, etc. Any tips for west coast?
I don’t know what a Vlog is, but….

Read lots of trip reports and pre trip reports on the DIBB.
Others will thus have done your research for you and you can pick out the best of what you read. There are some links in my signature and they are all single thread.

In generalities..
Your longhauls will be cheaper and you should be looking to Multi Centres, I.e into San Francisco and out of San Diego .. or similar.

Consider internal flights to cut out areas that you do not want to visit, looking at SFO, LAX, San Diego, Burbank, John Wayne, San Luis Obispo, Tucson, Portland, Seattle, Phoenix, Vegas etc etc etc. Distances can be large and internal flights cheap.

Consider whether you can do Hand luggage only. Most Hotels have excellent laundries, Clothes wash when you get up, into dryer before breakfast, collect and pack up after breakfast! We love it, saves a fortune on multiple flights and airports become so much quicker.

Hotels will generally cost more, like for like than Orlando.. think Gulf prices!

Food may be a little more.

Park tickets may be cheaper, but you may buy more of them , Universal, Warner Bros, Knotts Berry, 6 Flags Valencia & SFO, Seaworld, Legoland etc. Gosandiego and GoLA tickets may help.

San Francisco to LA is a very long way and SFO to San Diego around a thousand plus miles if you take the beautiful PCH.

My view is that the West Coast is less than nothing like Orlando.
Orlando is a little tacky in places and clearly centred around theme parks. Florida as a whole, however, is awesome.

On the West Coast, theme parks are a very small part of what is on offer and whilst the outer Los Angeles area has plenty, they are not the top attraction by any means for us.
San Francisco has Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Cycling the Bridge, Golden gate park, Haight Ashbury, Sausalito, Muir Woods etc.
Monterey has the huge aquarium, Cannery Row and Whales.
The Pacific Coast highway is astonishing.
Hearst castle?
San Diego is the most lovely USA City that I have visited with Balboa Park and it’s attractions, the Harbourside, USS Midway etc.
Then you can take your pick of Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, Malibu etc.
Yosemite? Joshua Tree? Napa Valley?

We have had 3 West Coasts cancelled by Covid (all in the pre trip report section) and are planning a 4th effort for next October. There will not be a single theme park in it from start to finish, such are the alternatives on offer. LA won’t even be in it, as we will fly over the top of it from San Luis Obispo to San Diego before then going inland.

Orlando? After our last hurrah with the kids next Easter, it is History. There are so many other places to see. The West Coast however, will frequently recur as we haven’t even headed North of San Francisco yet towards Vancouver.. but we will. The West Coast is magical!, proper, genuine, real magical, rather than created on a swamp.

I sincerely hope that this gives you a start point.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:58 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
I watch Theme Park Obsession
Dip in and out of Best Life and Beyond & Ordinary Adventures.
A few of the Fl vloggers also have West Coast trips
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
I watch Theme Park Obsession
Dip in and out of Best Life and Beyond & Ordinary Adventures.
A few of the Fl vloggers also have West Coast trips
Dylan's at TPO is probably the most bearable vlogger.

As for Best Life and Beyond..I feel their best videos are when their concentrating on Non Disney trips. Anything Disney and they are over the top and her squeal is unbearable.

The Woo does some good stuff but unfortunately has managed to find the second most annoying person to tag along with him and ruin vlogs.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I like Adam The Woo.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

L&R dreaming did a big disneyland california vlog from april 2019 which i love they have also done Aulini (dont know if spelt right) they also done las vegas give them a look.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

L&R Dreaming do a Disneyland / Hawaii trip that is brilliant
Adam Hattan does a solo Disneyland trip that I enjoyed

As for the locals ,
Used to like best life & beyond but I just couldn't stand watching the woman very high pitched and so OTT (which I can stand usually from other similar vloggers)
My fav is ordinary adventures , down to earth and do make me laugh which is a bonus.
Haven't watched theme park obsession may give them a go from recommendations on here actually!
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

Really like Ordinary Adventures also. Seem like a nice pair with a relaxed style
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List