Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Aug 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Well I loved your comment as I used to do that job and it’s awful . Given unrealistic picking times despite customers being in store and asking for things , lots of out of stocks etc. The shopping is heavy to push right round the store.The supermarket I worked at upped the pick speed twice in eight months and anyone that didn’t reach it had to have weekly disciplinary meetings .
However I would still rather be slow than send out goods like that but some are scared and want to keep job so rush through it . If your potatoes were loose then they probably should have checked it better but if already packaged up then the shopper couldn’t see what they were like anyway. Sorry for my rant !
While they are picking, dispensing they have Uber eats pinging them, he used to be on his own sometimes! How can you be doing three jobs at once, then the costumers shout and swear at you!
Old 31 Aug 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I think we need another thread on home delivery substitutions . I heard of someone ordering charcoal and getting charcoal toothpaste as a sub.
Trying lighting a barbecue with that 😁
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

We ordered white shoe laces and Tesco substituted them with black shoe polish
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

I have often wondered how substituted items are chosen, does the actual picker decide or is it instructions on their device.
Either way I’ve had some weird ones
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
I have often wondered how substituted items are chosen, does the actual picker decide or is it instructions on their device.
I think they are in such a hurry they grab anything, I know it’s not right. I order nice pain au chocolat and they send me cheap nasty ones but at least they try!
Old 31 Aug 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Just thought I’d add sainsburys South Ruislip has no food, empty shelves and no rich tea biscuits two weeks running
Normally when I go to my local Sainsbury's after work (about 2pm as I only work mornings) I have very little choice in the fruit and veg and meat sections. Often the green top milk is totally sold out. Therefore I usually drive 4 miles to a Tesco with a much better selection.

This morning I went shopping in Sainsbury's at 8am. It was a revelation. Full shelves and long sell by dates

Sadly I go back to work in a school tomorrow and will have to shop in the afternoons again.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I ordered a traditional lemon squeezer and got a large dildo and a packet of Lemsip.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I think they are in such a hurry they grab anything, I know it’s not right. I order nice pain au chocolat and they send me cheap nasty ones but at least they try!
Once I ordered a pack of Andrex toilet rolls, they substituted with a box of face tissues 🤔🤣🤨

A bottle of veuve Clicquot substituted with Asti Spumante

Edited at 03:10 PM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Also noticed a distinct lack of quality lately. I put a comment on the order asking for no more short dated items please and there has been a slight improvement. You can tell when someone has taken the trouble to pick good stuff but the poor stuff should not be there. Price rises along with lower weight packs have been implemented recently too.
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
It used to be the picker that decided but now the device tells you what to substitute the item with.