Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Done some more booking bits today so far left for my trip I have to book a hotel at Heathrow, sort my Disney tickets, decide if I want to do the Christmas extra hours and last book our flight from Orlando to New York. Oh and sort tests out once we know what’s going on!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

When can we fill in our API? I'm a bit nervous since hearing people's estas were cancelled due to borders being closed as borders are still currently closed until 8th. Do we wait or is it another thing I can tick off my list.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
When can we fill in our API? I'm a bit nervous since hearing people's estas were cancelled due to borders being closed as borders are still currently closed until 8th. Do we wait or is it another thing I can tick off my list.
I’m leaving mines til at least the 8th to fill in, just don’t want to take chance of doing it before then
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anita1963 View Post
Anyone had any problems doing tests at the airport? ..we are staying the night before doing twilight bag drop seems sensible to do tests as well .. thoughts ?
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Interested in this option too so appreciate anyone’s views
Thanks
We used Express Test at Heathrow and they were great. My husband wanted to take his test when we check in at the airport for this trip but I don’t want to leave it that late. We live close enough to pop down there any time, so I will go a couple of days before. The service we received there was good. We made our appointment online, turned up and there was a queue of a few people. Waited no more than 5 mins, had passports checked as ID then went to the cubicle to swab. We were in and out in 10 mins and on our way back to the car park. Ours were PCR tests for our teens and we had the results the next day as promised. If it’s LFT it will be up to 1.5hrs later so no issue at all.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I have now called Disney to have our APs reinstated, booked MDE online, booked a few ADRs and made our park reservations. I’m still hanging on for a DVC room for a night or 2.

I will book our tests once the full guidance is out and we know if it’s PCR or LFT (hopefully LFT). I’m not even sure what else I still need to do now!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve only got our testing left to book now. I’ve gone from super excited to paranoid that our flight will get cancelled for the 9th so think I’ll wait a little longer - don’t want to tempt fate! No reason for my thinking, there’s just been so many ups and downs. Need to get my positivity and excitement back! Help!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
We’ve only got our testing left to book now. I’ve gone from super excited to paranoid that our flight will get cancelled for the 9th so think I’ll wait a little longer - don’t want to tempt fate! No reason for my thinking, there’s just been so many ups and downs. Need to get my positivity and excitement back! Help!
So happy for you Gator! We've been twinned for our trips and kept an eye on each others posts - we're now going late Jan/early Feb so I'm very curious to see how the testing and flying goes for y'all.

Time to re-do my Pre-trip report!
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Ordered my tickets and sorted airport hotel, just flights to New York, Christmas after hours party, and testing. The only bits I can’t make refundable, so going to hold on until the last moment for these incase anything happens!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
Ordered my tickets and sorted airport hotel, just flights to New York, Christmas after hours party, and testing. The only bits I can’t make refundable, so going to hold on until the last moment for these incase anything happens!
I am doing the same for the after hours. Good thing it shows no sign of selling out.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SmurfDestroyer7
Trying for More Ears

Only thing left to sort is getting some Dollars in cash, tests which I won't worry about until the week before, and then just need to decided we want to do the Christmas after hours (we probably will)
SmurfDestroyer7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List