Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Sep 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Not on DDP but enjoying reading for new ideas of food to eat. Fab report.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

can I just ask why you had breakfast at BoG rather than in your hotel? Is it quicker/better?
I'm assuming everyone is awake early the first few days with jet lag so getting into parks as early as possible is 'easier'?
Do you use the early magic hours always when staying on resort? All the reviews I've read seem to say avoid the parks on their EMH days, but maybe that's if you're staying offsite?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rick-uk View Post
can I just ask why you had breakfast at BoG rather than in your hotel? Is it quicker/better?
I'm assuming everyone is awake early the first few days with jet lag so getting into parks as early as possible is 'easier'?
Do you use the early magic hours always when staying on resort? All the reviews I've read seem to say avoid the parks on their EMH days, but maybe that's if you're staying offsite?
For a few reasons really. You're up earlier in the first few days and by getting an early reservation at BOG, you get in to the park earlier and can have breakfast and be out again and get to ride Seven Dwarves Mine Train before the park officially opens and the crowds come in. We had to queue for 5 minutes before the ride opened, but once it did we were able to ride it twice and then walk straight on to Peter Pan, so it's a good way of riding without long queues or using fastpasses. PP is a simple attraction, but one that always has big queues. I wanted to go on it again as hadn't been on since our first trip but didn't want to use a FP on it. Also, it's nice to eat inside the castle and the food options are different from the standard breakfast offerings you get at the resorts and I knew we'd be eating breakfast at the resort on other days.

As for extra hours, we make use of them as and when we feel like it. The morning ones are good for that first hour or so as the parks are quieter so you get to ride without needing fastpasses. If we're doing morning ones, then we stay for a few hours and leave before lunch as the crowds do build up - that's why they're not recommended if staying offsite.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Vickie, thanks so much for all your help (and this fantastic food thread).

I did check with our travel agent, and we did pay for the Disney Dining plan, so you're absolutely correct that we didn't get the 'free' option because we arrive in the blackout period for free Disney dining. After reading your notes and all the food you got on the Quick Service plan I'm worried we'll never use it all, but we'll wait and see. If not, we'll just need an empty suitcase for all the Disney branded "snacks" we bring back !

I was thinking of copying you and booking BoG for a breakfast. Our first day will be 1st April 2018 (a Sunday, so the dibb doesn't recommend Magic Kingdom, but we may only go for a few hours ...)

Anyhow, official park opening is 9 AM and I can get a BoG breakfast booking at 8:50. Does that sound ok? or does it look like I've missed any earlier slots? As always, your help is much appreciated.
Rick
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thanks Vicki for all the tips loved the photos.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Glyndsey View Post
Thanks Vicki for all the tips loved the photos.
No worries. Hope that it will help with your trip next year

loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just read your report in one go, thanks for all the tips Vickie!
I will be utilising the swapping of drinks for snacks and definitely trying Blaze pizza. Our kids are still small so two pizzas will probably fill us all.
Thanks again
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BevArnTwe
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks Vicki, just came across this thread as on our first onsite stay at CBR with 3 grandchildren in August wiith QSDP and have been worrying about how this works, but hadn’t got round to researching yet. Your food reports and pics have helped me understand how it works with some great ideas for food. My Grandson is autistic and very fussy with food, most has to be plain but eats burgers, pasta, rice etc. I take it you can ask them to leave salads and dressing off? Also he loves waffles and Nutella but would not eat the fruit. Would they put the fruit as a side or can you order without the fruit? I have made notes, and I am eager to try the fruit tart for myself although from your pics of the other things may have a difficult time deciding as love cakes and pastries. Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this up it has helped me tremendously
BevArnTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevArnTwe View Post
Thanks Vicki, just came across this thread as on our first onsite stay at CBR with 3 grandchildren in August wiith QSDP and have been worrying about how this works, but hadn’t got round to researching yet. Your food reports and pics have helped me understand how it works with some great ideas for food. My Grandson is autistic and very fussy with food, most has to be plain but eats burgers, pasta, rice etc. I take it you can ask them to leave salads and dressing off? Also he loves waffles and Nutella but would not eat the fruit. Would they put the fruit as a side or can you order without the fruit? I have made notes, and I am eager to try the fruit tart for myself although from your pics of the other things may have a difficult time deciding as love cakes and pastries. Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this up it has helped me tremendously
I'm so pleased that you've found it helpful. Disney are very accommodating with food, so just ask them for exactly what you want - things left off, things plain, things on the side etc. I even had them leave a single ingredient out of my son's meal at Rainforest Cafe once - the walnut pesto out of the Rasta Pasta

Old 14 Jan 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevArnTwe
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I'm so pleased that you've found it helpful. Disney are very accommodating with food, so just ask them for exactly what you want - things left off, things plain, things on the side etc. I even had them leave a single ingredient out of my son's meal at Rainforest Cafe once - the walnut pesto out of the Rasta Pasta
That’s great Vickie. I thought they probably would, but great to have your confirmation. I’ve followed your thread so can have another proper read to make sure get all the places and meals, especially Blaze, the onsite pizza, sleepy hollow, Starbucks that have all stuck in my mind already. Thank you so much, without people like you people like me wouldn’t have a clue. I hope I can put some sort of trip report together while we are away to help other. God bless the DIBB
BevArnTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List