Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Sep 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
What are your dates? That sounds quite high unless you're looking at the higher tier rooms. I just put in two random weeks in August and it's 242 points for a BCV studio. At $20pp for David's 11 month window, that's $4800.
It was David’s and one other I was looking at! I probably fiddled the days to other peak times for a price though.
What am I doing wrong?! 😆
I reckon 20 august onwards for 14 nights. There are only 3 of us and DS isn’t fussed about personal space lol

Edited at 07:19 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Not sure what you're doing wrong, unless you were only reading the 2 bedroom price. Here's the prices I see, 236 points required for a studio on those dates...

ETA: If it's mainly the location you like for Beach Club (rather than guest specific amenities like the pool) you could also consider Boardwalk which would be 1k less for a standard view studio on those dates.

Edited at 07:28 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Personally I think DVC rental is too much of a risk until the borders are open. We’ve done it previously to stay in Wilderness Lodge (still prefer FQ) but IF the borders are open you could lose your money renting DVC points.
bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Personally I think DVC rental is too much of a risk until the borders are open. We’ve done it previously to stay in Wilderness Lodge (still prefer FQ) but IF the borders are open you could lose your money renting DVC points.
I actually agree with you at the moment, certainly for 14 nights. But I like to give all options so people can make informed choices.

I think the cancellation policy with some of the rental brokers is better now though with the Covid clauses in. And of course there is renting privately, which can be more flexible depending on the owner. All down to how much chance you think you may have cancelling unrelated to Covid. I'd be comfortable booking a few nights, and may do depending what dates my flights end up being.
Old 16 Sep 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
So for me:

I’d do CSR only if I was doing the tower.

Otherwise it would be POFQ. We really liked our stay there. Really compact resort with everything you need. Nice walk across to POR. Transport was fine.

We’ve booked POFQ for summer 2022. I’m tempted with CSR tower, it wasn’t available for our dates when I booked but it is now.

As much as I love the deluxe resorts I wouldn’t be renting dvc points in the current climate.
Old 16 Sep 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I think the points made re DVC are very good ones. I’ll definitely consider it in future but not this time.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Any thoughts on these 3 please?
I thought I’d settled on CSR but the rubbish transport is putting me off.
Are all the rooms refurbed there?

POFQ is small and I do like that idea.
It’s about £350 more than CSR so we could easily cover Ubers etc with that difference if we stayed at CSR.

CBR was up for consideration due to the skyliner but OH hates the look of the rooms

Please help! 😬
So…which did I you book?
I’m in exactly the same boat, and hoping to book today.
Does skyliner at CBR give it the edge it wouldn’t otherwise have?
Always hankered after POFQ but could save 350 at CSR, which we did have booked for august 2021.
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The Skyliner advantage really depends how much you're planning to visit Epcot and Hollywood Studios. For me, they're my least favourite parks. So it's not something I would pay extra for.
Old 1 Nov 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ambergambler View Post
So…which did I you book?
I’m in exactly the same boat, and hoping to book today.
Does skyliner at CBR give it the edge it wouldn’t otherwise have?
Always hankered after POFQ but could save 350 at CSR, which we did have booked for august 2021.
We still haven’t!
I’m a bit of an ‘if in doubt, don’t’ kind of person.
I need to make my mind up by the 3rd I think. Is that right?

We think we have it down to CSR or the Waldorf now.
Unless the Dolphin goes down to a sensible price when you add on the resort fee. OH isn’t keen on the rooms so I think Waldorf is winning for offsite at the mo
Old 3 Nov 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

CSR hands down for me! Beautiful and peaceful resort; just what is needed after a hectic day in the park. We did CSR and CBR and going back to CSR again. There’s more restaurant options this time round and I can’t wait. I suggest looking ar a few youtube videos to get a sense of the place. £350 is a lot to stretch food and Uber-wise for the three of you
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List