Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cdd
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by VS075 View Post
I personally don’t think they’re going to be going into that level of detail when they’re checking - They’ll he making sure it’s you, the date is valid, the test result in negative and potentially check that it was supervised. I really find it hard to believe they’ll be looking at a manufacturer relationship.
I agree — a friend returned to the US a couple of weeks ago and got away with the C19-Testing service (which is entirely unsupervised). So it’s pretty clear there is very minimal checking. But based on a strict reading of the CDC FAQ…

I’ll be going on the 8th and will be using Qured U.K. + Video, as the service is very convenient and there’ll be time to get an in-person test at the airport if that becomes an issue. But I know how risk averse some people are!

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Cdd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

MCO will no doubt be a mess on the 8th for us, but what can we do… I wish I was sat closer to the front of the plane, but I’m happy just to have seats together (and a window seat) when we only booked last week.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
andyh
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Do you think they will let you do a throat swab too? I want enough stuff on the swab so i make sure i get a reading!
I think the newer sets of Lateral Flow are all nasal as they have moved on from the first iteration. Happy to be corrected.

On the Breathe site I think it says dunna shove em down your throat (or something like that! )

Edited at 07:31 PM.
andyh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cdd View Post
I agree — a friend returned to the US a couple of weeks ago and got away with the C19-Testing service (which is entirely unsupervised). So it’s pretty clear there is very minimal checking. But based on a strict reading of the CDC FAQ…

I’ll be going on the 8th and will be using Qured U.K. + Video, as the service is very convenient and there’ll be time to get an in-person test at the airport if that becomes an issue. But I know how risk averse some people are!
One thing less to worry about on your travel day. Imagine getting the sweats as they scan your test document...
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Mobile

Have they actually announced what is required for entry to US yet as Gov.UK website says it’s still not announced?

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
Have they actually announced what is required for entry to US yet as Gov.UK website says it’s still not announced?
No, not yet.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Does anyone know how far ahead you can book your appointments with breathe assured?

I know Qured is 30 days.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
Does anyone know how far ahead you can book your appointments with breathe assured?

I know Qured is 30 days.

Until the 26 January 2022 currently, but I don’t think it’s something you need to book well in advance. A couple of weeks before will be plenty.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by VS075 View Post
MCO will no doubt be a mess on the 8th for us, but what can we do… I wish I was sat closer to the front of the plane, but I’m happy just to have seats together (and a window seat) when we only booked last week.
Nothing to add to the thread but just wanted to say I'm so jealous that you're going, imagine the feeling when you step out of the airport, it'll be amazing
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

Hi, I posted this in another thread, not sure if it maybe of info to others?...

Hi

Wondering if anyone can offer advice. Me and fiancee currently have covid and are due to travel on the 8th November. CDC recommends not to test as it can still come back positive within 3 months of recovering. On the CDC website it states the below:

"What if I recently recovered from COVID-19?
CDC does not recommend getting tested again in the three months after a positive viral test, as long as you do not have symptoms of COVID-19. If you have had a positive viral test in the past 3 months, and you have met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with documentation of your positive viral test results and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”

A letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that clears you to end isolation, e.g., to return to work or school, can be used to show you are cleared to travel, even if travel isn’t specifically mentioned in the letter."

We are both double jabbed and I called my GP and they said they couldnt provide this letter as they couldnt test for this, any idea where I would go to get one of these?

Thanks in advance
Just in relation to this, I called Virgin and they said that as an airline they dont recognise the letter of recovery and that it would have to be a negative test shown before the flight (Within 3 days of flying)

So yeah, conflicting reports from CDC and Virgin on this, which has made me incredibly nervous and anxious about our Disneymoon
TheNDawg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List