Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

Does this sentence from the CDC guidance,

Also, could be noted as Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay§, Antigen
Chemiluminescence Immunoassay§, or Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence

Mean what we know as a Lateral Flow Test? I sounds similar and I would assume it is one and the same but I'm not an expert?
SandLake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bouncybeth79
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SandLake View Post
Does this sentence from the CDC guidance,

Also, could be noted as Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay§, Antigen
Chemiluminescence Immunoassay§, or Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence

Mean what we know as a Lateral Flow Test? I sounds similar and I would assume it is one and the same but I'm not an expert?
I would say so, currently American residents only need to do a lateral flow test if fully vaccinated to go home so im hopeful we will be the same. If it is the same it will save me about £200
Old 15 Oct 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I’m mostly wondering if we will have to do a test in the 3-5 day range (in the US) as is the current rule, and if so where we get them and how do we report it.

Watching and waiting. I’m not scheduled to go until the 26th, so it’s just all a waiting game
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

The 3-5 day thing is not an actual ‘rule’, it’s a recommendation, there is no reporting, it’s supposed to just be for your own satisfaction. Of course no one actually does it…at least not myself or anyone I’ve known enter through the pandemic has.

Edited at 11:04 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post
I’m mostly wondering if we will have to do a test in the 3-5 day range (in the US) as is the current rule, and if so where we get them and how do we report it.

Watching and waiting. I’m not scheduled to go until the 26th, so it’s just all a waiting game
This is currently only recommended by the CDC, it's not required.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

For our current and previous trip here during the pandemic we've had to have a test and a certificate of such. These are the notes on the Verifly app which we complete to speed up the verification process with American Airlines.

Passengers entering or transiting through the USA must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR, Antigen, RT-LAMP, TMA, or NAAT test, taken at most 3 days before departure from the first embarkation point.
This applies to all passengers 2 years and older.

So a lateral flow test has been fine along with a certificate to show who it was done by.

No testing is required once you're in the US.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Can only find general information, which is fully vaccinated..good to go from November 3rd
We’re waiting to hear on under 18’s as we have a 12 year old that we’ve refused vaccinations for (because my periods are still mucked up after my second vaccination, 5 months later & add in that scientists say there is no benefit to the child themselves)
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Can only find general information, which is fully vaccinated..good to go from November 3rd
We’re waiting to hear on under 18’s as we have a 12 year old that we’ve refused vaccinations for (because my periods are still mucked up after my second vaccination, 5 months later & add in that scientists say there is no benefit to the child themselves)
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Fastpassfamily
Earning More Ears

When we went to the states in August we had to have a supervised antigen test, we booked these through breath assured. They FaceTime you after they have sent the tests, watch and demonstrate the how to do the tests then send you a certificate. This will be the same in November. All children above 2 had to do this. Very good service £34 a test.
Fastpassfamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fastpassfamily View Post
When we went to the states in August we had to have a supervised antigen test, we booked these through breath assured. They FaceTime you after they have sent the tests, watch and demonstrate the how to do the tests then send you a certificate. This will be the same in November. All children above 2 had to do this. Very good service £34 a test.
I can see where to pick a date, what about a time slot? Husband and myself can do ours at the same time on one video call?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List