Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Oct 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
As a solo non-driving visitor, not having to worry about how I'm going to get anywhere on Disney property. It's worth its weight in gold to me. Plus I love staying in the Disney bubble.
I agree with this personally and it's why I stay onsite, but I wouldn't list it specifically as an onsite perk since Disney transport is free for everyone.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I agree with this personally and it's why I stay onsite, but I wouldn't list it specifically as an onsite perk since Disney transport is free for everyone.
I know it's free for everyone, I'm not dumb. I was thinking about the ease of getting from my hotel to the parks and back again. MK in particular, which is where I spend most of my time. So to me it's a perk, even if it isn't for you.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I know it's free for everyone, I'm not dumb. I was thinking about the ease of getting from my hotel to the parks and back again. MK in particular, which is where I spend most of my time. So to me it's a perk, even if it isn't for you.
Completely agree. With 2 little ones and a double buggy next year, to be within walking distance to MK and monorail to Epcot is going to be perfect.

Along with the rest of the Disney transport of course
Old 18 Oct 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I know you know this DF. I was explaining why I didn't list it as a perk. To me, a perk is something that's exclusive to hotel guests. It's absolutely convenient and one of the main reasons to stay on site. But it's not exclusive.

Edited at 10:51 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I agree, and if my kids were small I probably would still stay on site.
But for the moment I just cant justify the cost - especially as I will likely buy Genie + and LL passes - my savings will cover the cost of these.

However, Disney transport is not a perk of staying onsite - me in my villa will be able to use it too if I wish to move around the parks/resorts/DSprings.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

For me, there now seems to be little difference between staying in a deluxe hotel onsite and a budget onsite hotel, - the extra evening magic hours are nice, but they are not every night, and if we can get Lightning Lane passes just as easily in a cheaper hotel, then that may well influence our decision.
Old 18 Oct 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

They are also restricting one night stays at the minute after people were booking value hotels and only booking a 1night stay in a delux resort Min stay is now 2 nights.We have booked but are marking time for developments. With the loss of magic transfer from airport and charge for parking $25 per night in top end resort hotels. Car hire prices have increased this means less funds to spend in the parks. We are hoping they will bring back the dining plan as the room credit currently on offer equates to half price food for two weeks.

Edited at 11:37 PM.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

the main problem with the dining credit is that it is per room. Even if it was per adult it would be better but divided between 4 people is a pittance really.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

In the past we thought the perks including the dinning plan where very good but as the years have past it’s becoming less so. Going back about 10/12 years and with 4 staying in a 1 bed in OKW 2a2c.We reckoned the acc cost 60/70 dollars a night when you calculated the other savings. It’s now much less appealing with just the 2 of us, although we like are nights out and the free transport is great

Edited at 07:46 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were considering off site because there are so few perks, but we're considering ASM now (only resort where we can afford to pay for the dining plan). Still hoping for free dining so we can stay at our wonderful CSR but I recognise that this likely won't happen.

The ability to have the dining plan and the free transportation are the pulls for us for staying on site. None of us want to drive, and we want the freedom to have what we want and not worry about what it's costing (because it's already paid for). We do not intend on purchasing Genie+ (I won't on principle - unless it's 'included' in UK Disney packages, which it might be!).

If we don't manage RotR, I might consider getting LL because I've never been on it. I'm still very annoyed about it though, so we'll see.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List