Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 16, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Group is purely for application and payment purposes. Once approved all ESTA are individual.
Phew I will check when I get home as I don't have the passport numbers on me. Thank you one less stress to worry about.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Group is purely for application and payment purposes. Once approved all ESTA are individual.
Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
Phew I will check when I get home as I don't have the passport numbers on me. Thank you one less stress to worry about.
Mmm...I've just tried to check mine and it says "not found"!

MY ERROR: Must have put my passport number in wrong - now working

Edited at 05:55 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Sorry but this is rubbish. I'm not the only one who says you don't need to take a print out of your ESTA with you.

This is a quote I found on a website:

"You are not required to present a printout of your application number to board your flight. That number is transmitted electronically to the airlines"

But I suppose theDIBB knows better than the US Customs and Border Protection's own website
I wonder then, why does it advise to print out at the end of the ESTA authorisation? Obviously they are advising this to use up your printing paper and ink!
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Sorry but this is rubbish. I'm not the only one who says you don't need to take a print out of your ESTA with you.

This is a quote I found on a website:

"You are not required to present a printout of your application number to board your flight. That number is transmitted electronically to the airlines"

But I suppose theDIBB knows better than the US Customs and Border Protection's own website
To be fair, even the US CBP website contradicts itself (the bolding is mine)

Do I need to bring a printed copy of my ESTA application with me to the airport?

U.S. regulation does NOT require a Visa Waiver Program (VWP) traveler to present a printed copy of the ESTA authorization page in order to travel. However, it is recommended that you print a copy for your records. Also, some airlines may ask you to bring a copy, in which case you should print it out.

Source:help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...mpleted-online...

And..

Do VWP travelers need to bring a paper printout of their ESTA approval to the airport?

No. DHS communicates a traveler’s ESTA status to the carriers. However, DHS recommends that travelers print out the ESTA application response as a record of their ESTA application number to confirm their ESTA status.

Source: cbp.gov/travel/internatio...-system-travel

I say that they say: print it.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd rather use up a couple of pieces of paper and a bit of ink, what harm is it to just print it out?
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
eventually departed 15:42
Will Thompson have to pay out compensation to everybody today?
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
I'd rather use up a couple of pieces of paper and a bit of ink, what harm is it to just print it out?
I have printed a copy of mine to a PDF file which I keep in my email. That way, I don't need to waste any paper or ink and I have it with me just in case.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I have printed a copy of mine to a PDF file which I keep in my email. That way, I don't need to waste any paper or ink and I have it with me just in case.
Good idea, I'll remember that for next time
Old 29 Apr 16, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
Good idea, I'll remember that for next time
Yep, save it to Dropbox or similar and you'll have it wherever you are in the world, and you won't even need your phone. Simples!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
paulandalison
Imagineer

paulandalison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I print a copy every time is not worth not taking a copy and being delayed is only two extra bits of paper to carry
paulandalison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread