Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 16, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
flo2008
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Sorry but this is rubbish. I'm not the only one who says you don't need to take a print out of your ESTA with you.

This is a quote I found on a website:

"You are not required to present a printout of your application number to board your flight. That number is transmitted electronically to the airlines"

But I suppose theDIBB knows better than the US Customs and Border Protection's own website
sorry, but I think you'll find it's you who's talking rubbish. I've just had a look at my PRINTED esta docs and it says at the top, "please print or record your group details below". Each to their own I say but don't be condescending when other people are just giving an opinion. Have a nice day

Montego Bay May 1994, Indian Ridge Oaks Sept 1998, Days Inn Lakeside May 2003, Highlands Reserve Oct 2005, Sandy Ridge Aug 2008, DLP Sept 2012, High Grove Jun 2013, Encantada Jul 2016, The Grove Resort & Spa Jul 2018, Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista Jun 2022
flo2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

so what happened to the flight did it take off ?
if the issue was in Newcastle was that down to the airline , will they get compensation?
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I have printed a copy of mine to a PDF file which I keep in my email. That way, I don't need to waste any paper or ink and I have it with me just in case.
thanks for this. I've just saved mine on docs and made it available offline as well. ☺
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
STRESSED MOTHER
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I only have one question to ask of the OP - when you chose your username did you know this was going to happen?
Just to say lol no.. I did not know however after a 21 hour journey am just a tad MORE stressed! 4 1/2 hour delay at Newcastle including an hour and a half on the plane and to cap it all 2 hours in Sanford immigration queue ... Phew!
STRESSED MOTHER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 03:57 AM  
Link to this Post
STRESSED MOTHER
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
Will Thompson have to pay out compensation to everybody today?
Have no idea however will be definately be making a claim.. Depends on whether they class the situation as 'exceptional circumstances'. Can claim for three hours or more
STRESSED MOTHER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Remember the delay is not counted on when the plane takes off, but on when it lands, they often catch up a bit in the air.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
STRESSED MOTHER
Trying for More Ears

Anyone else ever had to make a claim with Thomsons for a delay and was it honoured?
Old 30 Apr 16, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

Haven't made claim but as Thomson but I think to claim it has to be the airlines fault eg technical problem, lack of crew.
If the ESTA system had gone down don't think that would be classed as the airlines fault.
Would be interesting to see if other planes departing similar times had delays, or the problem was Thomsons end.

LBV Resort and Spa- 2009
Emerald Island Villa -2013
OKW -2014 YC -2015
Tenerife and cruise in Med 2016
Easter 2017. BCV 7 nights, 6 nights GFV. 3 Portofino Bay
August 2017. YC 14 nights. 4 days Portofino Bay
August 18 -5 nights NY, 11 nights PORFQ
August 2019 10 nights AKL 6 nights Universal
AUG 2020 CSR 15 nights?
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by STRESSED MOTHER View Post
Just to say lol no.. I did not know however after a 21 hour journey am just a tad MORE stressed! 4 1/2 hour delay at Newcastle including an hour and a half on the plane and to cap it all 2 hours in Sanford immigration queue ... Phew!
You need a holiday!
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
smell a rat , if other usa bound flights took off on time , think a rabbit is away and the problems were airlines and the esta stuff was a ruse to avoid paying compo

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread