Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We used the voucher from our cancelled August BA holiday and booked LA for Easter. I’m staying positive it will go ahead. We’d already booked New York for New Year before COVID, so hoping that goes ahead, but currently 50/50. Again it’s booked with BA, so worst case we take a voucher.

Our insurance is the same as PP - will cover everything except cancellation due to COVID.
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

I booked flights for May the other day. I added one night at an airport hotel to make it a package and only paid the £300 deposit. My thinking was that in the unlikely event that Covid somehow goes away, prices will quickly go up. This way I only risk £300 (might even get that back if BA cancels before I have to pay the balance). £300 is worth playing the ‘holiday lottery’ for me.
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Not mad OP, we all need something to look forward to.

We’ve booked Dubai with BA for next Feb, now that is bonkers as I’m about 90% sure we won’t be going😀 but my reasoning went something like this:
1. Winter is coming, white walkers will bring the second wave and the end of humankind. If we manage to survive, the trip will be our reward!

2. It was an amazing price including PE seats both ways, half board and upgraded room.

3. Only had to pay a deposit of £450 with the final payment not due to 3 weeks before we go.

4. Worst case - we have to cancel, we will get a voucher which I know we will use as we travel loads with BA. If we are able to go, we’ve bagged ourselves an excellent deal.

I’m even wildly optimistic that not only will we have an approved vaccine by then, we would all have been vaccinated and back to old normal! Happy days.

Edited at 07:07 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

It’s really positive seeing people booking to go away again (ourselves included) without this there will be no holiday industry left. The people that come on with negative vibes on a trip planning forum should go on the sub forum “not trip planning”
Old 5 Aug 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

I’ve been tempted by flights to LAX in May with AerLingus

Got dates and prices I'm happy with and got a pay on arrival hotel booked at a great price the only thing putting me off is you can only change the flights until December which seems a risk as we may not know by then
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve booked end of April with BA hope we can go but if not will just move it
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List