Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 6 Aug 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I am not sniping at you here, as obviously I would be happy with that too, it's just 22 for four meals, even with the 50% for the government, makes you wonder how that is trading at a profit and thus how it is economic stimulus. Or how restaurants manage in normal times on very thin margins.🤷
I had an additional 20% off with my blue light card so that's why it was so cheap. The government states that the restaurants have to include existing offers still.
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Nothing like the scale of what you guys have posted but yesterday we had a round of crazy golf and even just drinks were included in this offer (without food) so two slush puppies cost £1.50.

Shane about the brain freeze !

I know this is only Monday- Wednesday but does anyone know if Costa are doing this ?

Maybe a question for MH
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Nothing like the scale of what you guys have posted but yesterday we had a round of crazy golf and even just drinks were included in this offer (without food) so two slush puppies cost £1.50.

Shane about the brain freeze !

I know this is only Monday- Wednesday but does anyone know if Costa are doing this ?

Maybe a question for MH
Costa are doing it but it needs to be for eat in. I went yesterday and had 2 drinks and 2 cakes for just over £4.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Costa are doing it but it needs to be for eat in. I went yesterday and had 2 drinks and 2 cakes for just over £4.
Shame - was hoping it was for a drive through (which may be regarded as selfish)

Thank you Beth
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
What did you have Sue?
I had the fillet steak and it was chewy. Dave had the rump and said it wasn't as good as the one I got him from Tesco earlier in the week. Two weeks ago the fillet absolutely melted in my mouth. I did take photos but couldn't get them to download last night. I'll try again ..

EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I put the last picture on for the old rockers who may remember a very different Wake Arms.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I had the fillet steak and it was chewy. Dave had the rump and said it wasn't as good as the one I got him from Tesco earlier in the week. Two weeks ago the fillet absolutely melted in my mouth. I did take photos but couldn't get them to download last night. I'll try again ..

You had the same steak as me Sue, mine was lovely, it actually looked just like yours too, husband had the Sirloin he said his was good as well, daughter and son in law had the butter chicken but weren't too impressed with it, grandson's had ribs and a burger and their plates were clean so I take it they enjoyed theirs.
It's a shame when you have a meal that underwhelms you, it shouldn't be pot luck to get a decent steak, not priced at nearly £30 anyway.
Thanks for the pics .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

6 course taster menu at Six by Nico Glasgow Southside. £10pp off. As always I forgot to photo one course

Old 8 Aug 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
No photos but we are doing this in Spain , supporting all the local businesses we can and prices already very reasonable so no complaints.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anniee View Post
6 course taster menu at Six by Nico Glasgow Southside. £10pp off. As always I forgot to photo one course

Thanks for posting. Looks great. Which has been your favourite menu out of the ones that you have tried?