Notices

Old 3 Aug 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Abby - glad you had a lovely time! We also still talk about what we would be doing in WDW. I really don't know when we will finally get back there but hopefully by this time next year! Somerset sounds lovely and thank goodness we have had some great weather in the UK over the past week. We were in Cornwall - very busy but so nice to be away from home! Hopefully DLP next depending on quarantine rules not changing - keep your fingers crossed
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Glad to hear your trip went well, hopefully you get to do some other nice things in your well earned break.
We are back to school on Monday and the 6 weeks has flown by.
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi Abby - glad you had a lovely time! We also still talk about what we would be doing in WDW. I really don't know when we will finally get back there but hopefully by this time next year! Somerset sounds lovely and thank goodness we have had some great weather in the UK over the past week. We were in Cornwall - very busy but so nice to be away from home! Hopefully DLP next depending on quarantine rules not changing - keep your fingers crossed
We had lunch at my parents earlier this week and WDW came up in the conversation as Kate was trying to reel off the country's in Epcot. It was a year to the day to when we had the kitchen sink, toured the world showcase and then went on to dinner at Hoop Dee Doo.

I keep looking at the Eurostar and DLP for 3 nights and then I worry about the rules changing too. My thinking was to not book too far in advance, so yesterday I was looking at next Wednesday until Saturday, but than this morning there were reports about a spike in cases in France and so it seemed stupid to spend over £1,000 today on something for next week I'm not sure what to do about it as I know my insurance will not cover cancellation for anything booked now. Anyway, I really hope your trip goes ahead and you have a great time. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Glad to hear your trip went well, hopefully you get to do some other nice things in your well earned break.
We are back to school on Monday and the 6 weeks has flown by.
Crikey, back to school already that has gone quick. I hope you had a lovely break, did you manage to squeeze in an ice cream cookie sandwich in the end?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We had lunch at my parents earlier this week and WDW came up in the conversation as Kate was trying to reel off the country's in Epcot. It was a year to the day to when we had the kitchen sink, toured the world showcase and then went on to dinner at Hoop Dee Doo.

I keep looking at the Eurostar and DLP for 3 nights and then I worry about the rules changing too. My thinking was to not book too far in advance, so yesterday I was looking at next Wednesday until Saturday, but than this morning there were reports about a spike in cases in France and so it seemed stupid to spend over £1,000 today on something for next week I'm not sure what to do about it as I know my insurance will not cover cancellation for anything booked now. Anyway, I really hope your trip goes ahead and you have a great time. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you.
awww feel like I read that TR such a short time ago. Such wonderful times... The world has changed so much since then. Well, 3 more countries added to the quarantine list and thankfully not France yet... We are there next week so you would be there at the same time as us I just called again to check the cancellation policy and they are now saying 48 hours... Am also checking other holiday destinations but the world for us seems a very small place at the moment... Lots of my neighbours heading to France in next few weeks so really hoping it stays open to us all...!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
awww feel like I read that TR such a short time ago. Such wonderful times... The world has changed so much since then. Well, 3 more countries added to the quarantine list and thankfully not France yet... We are there next week so you would be there at the same time as us I just called again to check the cancellation policy and they are now saying 48 hours... Am also checking other holiday destinations but the world for us seems a very small place at the moment... Lots of my neighbours heading to France in next few weeks so really hoping it stays open to us all...!
I don't really get how countries are determined at risk and so added to the quarantine list I'm sure there is a clever algorithm, but I just wonder at how many people realistically there are that are coming from Andorra and the Bahamas do they really make that much of a difference? I don't know it makes absolutely no sense to me, but it has made me pause and think is it worth it for us to go to DLP. What I should do is just move on, accept the loss of Orlando this summer and make the best of what's left, but there is that niggle that makes me wonder if it would be fun to go. So, I downloaded the DLP app and started randomly looking at wait times today. Crush is the longest wait at around 45mins each time I check, most other popular rides hover between 20 and 35 mins. I haven't seen tower of terror above 15 minutes though so I reckon you could have a really good time with some of the big rides in extra magic time and then an afternoon break before hitting the parks again in the evening. That's my strategy for a trip I haven't actually booked I'm hoping you're going to have to get brilliant time.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
I don't really get how countries are determined at risk and so added to the quarantine list I'm sure there is a clever algorithm, but I just wonder at how many people realistically there are that are coming from Andorra and the Bahamas do they really make that much of a difference? I don't know it makes absolutely no sense to me, but it has made me pause and think is it worth it for us to go to DLP. What I should do is just move on, accept the loss of Orlando this summer and make the best of what's left, but there is that niggle that makes me wonder if it would be fun to go. So, I downloaded the DLP app and started randomly looking at wait times today. Crush is the longest wait at around 45mins each time I check, most other popular rides hover between 20 and 35 mins. I haven't seen tower of terror above 15 minutes though so I reckon you could have a really good time with some of the big rides in extra magic time and then an afternoon break before hitting the parks again in the evening. That's my strategy for a trip I haven't actually booked I'm hoping you're going to have to get brilliant time.
Well, after all the headlines this morning we decided to cancel. I just hated the uncertainty and much as I am so desperate to go I think we'll wait till everything is a bit more certain - not sure when that is going to be though! We have booked a villa at Center Parcs instead so just a few nights away but the reviews sound good and we've managed to book activities and pool slots. Very excited
Old 9 Aug 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Well, after all the headlines this morning we decided to cancel. I just hated the uncertainty and much as I am so desperate to go I think we'll wait till everything is a bit more certain - not sure when that is going to be though! We have booked a villa at Center Parcs instead so just a few nights away but the reviews sound good and we've managed to book activities and pool slots. Very excited
I'm sorry you've had another cancellation to deal with, but you're straight back on the wagon with booking CP. Have a great time and maybe stop reading now

X

I'm not wanting to rub your nose in it, but...

Breaking News

I've gone and done it! Eek This morning I booked up for me and Kate to go to DLP...and we go...tomorrow. oh my! I'm excited and also a bit nervous and then I'm excited and then I'm thinking I'm crazy.

Dave is back at work tomorrow so he can't come and Max felt the lure of going out with his friends and PS4 was too much so he is staying home. So it's just the two of us.

I figured there was no point in waiting to see if France is added to the no go list and sooner is better as if it is added while we are there then we have 2 weeks left of the summer holidays to isolate if we need to.

We are getting the Eurostar direct from London to DLP tomorrow morning. We have 4 nights at Santa Fe with 5 days of park tickets. Then we come home on the direct train on Friday.

The weather out there looks hot, hot, hot, with a chance of storms, ha ha so that will be familiar.

I can't believe I only booked it 4 hours ago, I know it's crazy. Keep your fingers crossed France doesn't get added to the no travel zone overnight.

I can't wait to be in the parks. Wow! We are actually going to Disney.

Old 9 Aug 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Just caught up and how exciting! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you re the no go list. Not long to pack! Have a fab trip x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Abby

Ive been missing off the Dibb for a fair few months so I thought id try and catch up where I can. I've been avoiding updates and Vlogs as I just dont really want to see the parks how they are now and its always sad to think we should be going on holiday soon.

Im glad all your rebooking and refunds went to plan and didn't seem to much hassle for you and on the plus side you've booked for next year so thats something to get excited about!

All your food updates looked great, although its made me very hungry Hope everyone had a good birthday!

With the booking of park days it can be booked until September 2021 which I have done today although i'm hoping by that point park hoping will be a thing again

How exciting about DLP! I hope you have a fab time! At least you get a little bit of a disney fix for this year. Please let us know how you get on!

Hope your all ok
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I'm sorry you've had another cancellation to deal with, but you're straight back on the wagon with booking CP. Have a great time and maybe stop reading now

X

I'm not wanting to rub your nose in it, but...

Breaking News

I've gone and done it! Eek This morning I booked up for me and Kate to go to DLP...and we go...tomorrow. oh my! I'm excited and also a bit nervous and then I'm excited and then I'm thinking I'm crazy.

Dave is back at work tomorrow so he can't come and Max felt the lure of going out with his friends and PS4 was too much so he is staying home. So it's just the two of us.

I figured there was no point in waiting to see if France is added to the no go list and sooner is better as if it is added while we are there then we have 2 weeks left of the summer holidays to isolate if we need to.

We are getting the Eurostar direct from London to DLP tomorrow morning. We have 4 nights at Santa Fe with 5 days of park tickets. Then we come home on the direct train on Friday.

The weather out there looks hot, hot, hot, with a chance of storms, ha ha so that will be familiar.

I can't believe I only booked it 4 hours ago, I know it's crazy. Keep your fingers crossed France doesn't get added to the no travel zone overnight.

I can't wait to be in the parks. Wow! We are actually going to Disney.

Aww that’s exciting news! I’m not jealous at all 🤔😁

I can’t wait to read all about it. Have a fab mum and daughter trip. 👏🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List