Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dac123
Getting Excited

I had a case a year ago when a supplier went bust, I had used paypal. MBNA offered to deal with it if PP did not sort it out, but I had to wait 15 days I think it was.
Section 75 protection "MAY" be lost if you use a third party, so it would appear it may depend on the CC company. The charge back is not as formal so you may have that option. Call your card provider and ask you have nothing to loose
dac123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

IF YOU LIVE IN IRELAND , THE LAW/REGULATIONS/RULES ARE NOT THE SAME.

IN IRELAND, there is NO Section 75 consumer protection or anything like the UK protection
BUT

The Consumer Protection that does exist applies EQUALLY in Ireland to DEBIT CARDS AND CREDIT CARDS.

THERE IS a chargeback facility.

Here's a link which may help IF YOU HAVE AN IRISH (ROI) CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD.

moneyguideireland/pro...dit-cards.html

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Here's a link to the Consumer Protection Agency in Ireland
It gives more info re invoking a chargeback.

ccpc.ie/consumers/shoppi...ns-chargeback/

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jrenfrew
Getting to know the DIBB

It is American Express; they did say to contact AL first but told me what to do so I just completed the online form without contacting AL but you have to be aware that AL could contest but it’s very unlikely. My colleague has barclaycard and also got her Jet 2 holiday refunded no problem, she just phoned them. Good luck😊
jrenfrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

Received cancellation email today for flight on 26/5/20.

Outbound flight: 26/5/20
Cancelled on: 13/5/20
Case number: 5390700
No refund as of:
Refunded:

Poly Girl 68
Poly Girl 68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DebbieJRoss
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Poly Girl 68 View Post
Received cancellation email today for flight on 26/5/20.

Outbound flight: 26/5/20
Cancelled on: 13/5/20
Case number: 5390700
No refund as of:
Refunded:
Did you go for refund? I'm hoping ours cancelled too, we are due to go 16th June, would prefer refund as dates wont be available for same time next year and don't know what price will be
DebbieJRoss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Poly Girl 68
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by DebbieJRoss View Post
Did you go for refund? I'm hoping ours cancelled too, we are due to go 16th June, would prefer refund as dates wont be available for same time next year and don't know what price will be
Yes, filled in the refund request form as we are the same, our dates not available for next year to book yet. We normally book direct with the airline and choose whoever has the best price for our dates. We are happy to go indirect and have flown with various airlines to Florida.

We have always visited in October as our schools have two weeks at this time but we were trying May this year as DS has just finished school. Looking at July next year to fit around university.

Poly Girl 68
Poly Girl 68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Just reading some experiences on the Aer Lingus twitter account and not looking good for any quick refunds or vouchers.

Here's a few examples.

Posted 15th May.
I have been waiting 72 days for a refund with zero communication. I understand you're overwhelmed but I asked for a refund before lockdown so I should be towards the top of the list. Can I please get an update?

Posted 16th May.
57 days ago I requested a refund, and still nothing. EU law says refunds should be paid within 7days. #Comeon Aer Lingus do the right thing.

Posted 15th May.
Hi, I was told on the 4 April to expect a refund for my flights within 10 business days...I’m still waiting. When will I be refunded?

Posted 15th May.
illegally not refunding my cancelled flights, no response and now been waiting 10 weeks for any news! What a disgrace.

Posted 1-hour ago.
Following emails & phone calls I decided y'day to tweet my frustration - now over 2 mths waiting on a voucher. AL asked me to msg privately and they messaged back with the same, that it will take more weeks of waiting.

Posted 1-hour ago.
Has anyone received a travel voucher from Aerlingus due to COVID-19 flight cancellations? Feeling very frustrated with the treatment I'm receiving from Aerlingus. They say nothing more than "in the coming weeks". In my case it's now 2 months.

Posted 15-hours ago.
I've been emailing and ringing them constantly. Today I spent 40 mins on hold and when asked where I was in the queue for a voucher the guy told me it was classified.

Posted 19-hours ago.
Applied for a refund voucher on the 23rd March and still no voucher today 18/5. This is maddening - it only takes to issue a credit amount to the booking. Was told today it could take months. Aerlingus wouldn't wait months on me to pay for a flight. Refund now please.

twitter/hashtag/aerlingus?lang=en
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Hailz
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I had flights booked as part of a package holiday through a travel agent was meant to fly 1st May.

Travel agent advised yesterday refund from aer lingus could take at least 12 weeks.
Hailz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

This is worrying as we are due to go July and I'd prefer to re-book, but as others have stated, my dates for flights won't be out yet by the time of my first flight so I am forced to either go for a voucher or a refund.

If AL brought forward and released their summer flights schedule for next year up to August, those of us in the same situation could do a flight change on 'manage your booking' on the AL website and it'd save a lot of hassle!

Come on AL release the summer 21 timetable early