General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 24 May 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
TR about Premier Inn T4 (2017)

A lot of people ask about Premier Inn T4 so I thought I would condense some replies to a thread in the past to do a mini TR - please bear in mind this is dated summer 2017 so prices etc may have changed.

Arrived on the Heathrow Express at T4 platform at 1037 and was in my room by 1106 - the staff were very helpful in getting us an available room but they do have luggage storage available if this is not possible immediately. The entrance to the connecting walkway to the hotel in T4 is on the extreme right if you are standing facing the check in desk area - its about 5 mins slow walk to the entrance area, floor 2, where someone will greet you and guide you to the lift and you go to minus 1 to reception. There are automated machines as well as friendly reception staff.

The rooms are compact but everything is immaculately clean (as its new that should be the case) and one feature I like is that you need your door key to get into the main corridors where the rooms are from the lifts adding an extra layer of security. The bathroom is small but plenty of towels and the bedroom has a hair dryer and illuminated make up mirror plus a full length mirror. Bed is comfortable with a big fluffy duvet (in warm weather it might be a bit OTT ) and a small day bed which converts to a bed.

Breakfast is very good value £10.50 for a full hot and cold buffet and 2 children under 16 eat free with one full paying adult. You can get a continental breakfast for £7.50 and a dinner (2 courses + a drink from full menu ) + full breakfast for £26.49 and can upgrade to 3 courses for an extra £2. For the Heathrow area I think this is a genuinely good offer. The restaurant this morning was very busy with all sorts of guests including many families and the hot buffet was constantly replenished - it is very clean and a bright cheery atmosphere. Small things have been taken into account which make a difference - hot plates for the breakfast, an in-room bottle opener on the desk.

Forgot to mention you can order fresh cooked eggs, boiled, poached, omelette etc too for brekkie and the staff will come around and ask as they are very proactive. We booked our breakfast in advance but you can just pay on they day too.

Checked out of the hotel at 1050 and was at the entrance to security at T3 by 1130 having checked in at the airport OLCI wasn't available but I was travelling on a BA European flight on HBO. In lounge by 12 as security was busy - even Fasttrack.

From hotel walk up the connecting corridor (about 5 mins with no cases) and use the lifts immediately on your left hand side which take you down to the free transfer to T2&3 - we had just missed one and they are every 15 minutes so if you look at my timings above its pretty good. The signs to T3 are very clear and when you come out at street level from the last lift BA is at the entrance on the right and Virgin/Delta on the left. If you need to travel to T5 you can change to the Heathrow Express at T2/3 (usually just a change of platform - both connections are free but you need to get a transer ticket from the machines at the stations.

Obviously if you are travelling with family/cases and depending on the flight you are taking check in could take longer but I think that the PI offers exceptional value for an on airport hotel. If anyone has any questions just post here.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List