Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone planning to go this year, but no tickets so far?

I had been holding off on buying our park tickets with everything that was going on, so that it was one less thing for me to worry about having to sort a refund for if it ends up being cancelled.

With the WDW tickets being stopped for now, I'm now starting to wonder if I should just buy my DL tickets so that we don't get caught up in that if it happens

We were only supposed to be going for 2 days, and buying a 2 day park hopper ticket, so I'm also wondering if I run the risk of overpaying if park hopping isn't allowed, and then we should have just bought two day one park tickets..
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
I had been holding off on buying our park tickets with everything that was going on, so that it was one less thing for me to worry about having to sort a refund for if it ends up being cancelled.

With the WDW tickets being stopped for now, I'm now starting to wonder if I should just buy my DL tickets so that we don't get caught up in that if it happens

We were only supposed to be going for 2 days, and buying a 2 day park hopper ticket, so I'm also wondering if I run the risk of overpaying if park hopping isn't allowed, and then we should have just bought two day one park tickets..
We too are wondering this... we have already moved the trip from August to October. Just deciding whether to buy tickets now or not and like you, whether to get a park hopper or not!?
I guess worst case scenario is we get our money back if we can’t use them. From what I understand (for WDW) people need physical tickets which are linked to MDE to be able to get a ‘reservation’ for an allocated day and this is what is swinging us to get tickets now incase they stop selling them altogether for DL.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I had the same thought for my October trip. I usually buy from Last Minute Travel Club and save around $50.

On Sunday I just caved and bought a 3 day 1 park no Maxpass direct from Disney website. It automatically got added to My Disney Account and The Disneyland App.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
I had the same thought for my October trip. I usually buy from Last Minute Travel Club and save around $50.

On Sunday I just caved and bought a 3 day 1 park no Maxpass direct from Disney website. It automatically got added to My Disney Account and The Disneyland App.
That’s good to know it automatically links to MDE... we were looking at buying through ATD but I think we might be better going Disney Direct esp with current situation, even if the price is more expensive!
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just taken from my post in another thread:

We are a family of 3 due to travel to LA for 5 nights in Anaheim on 25th October before moving onto Universal Studios Florida.

I actually got a refund on our 3-day hopper tickets (with max pass) from Undercover Tourist the other day. I’d deliberated but they said a refund would be so much harder to obtain once the parks actually opened.

We still intend on going to LA Should rules permit but might just rethink the Disneyland bit and move the off-site hotel booking elsewhere as it doesn’t seem to be showing many signs of opening anytime soon - certainly not soon enough to then relax social distancing measures come October.

Edited at 07:35 PM.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gigglywink View Post
That’s good to know it automatically links to MDE... we were looking at buying through ATD but I think we might be better going Disney Direct esp with current situation, even if the price is more expensive!
Just so you know its not MDE, thats for Walt Disney World. For Disneyland California you need to create an account on the Disneyland website and download the Disneyland App.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It’s just so difficult to know. I think I’m finding this harder because there such a lack of information for DL. I’m in a few groups on Facebook that I’m trying to use to get some information, and I try to check the news, but there’s even less info around California than there is for WDW
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
It’s just so difficult to know. I think I’m finding this harder because there such a lack of information for DL. I’m in a few groups on Facebook that I’m trying to use to get some information, and I try to check the news, but there’s even less info around California than there is for WDW
Thats because in California all the task force meetings are not live streamed. Basically what will happen is there will be a Disney Parks Blog post with the reopening dates.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Oh I know... it’s like DLP has their own version too but to me it’s all the same thing! Already got the app and account etc set up just still deliberating about tickets...
I think we will definitely get them the next day or two I just don’t know who/where is best to buy them from now?!?!

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gigglywink View Post
Oh I know... it’s like DLP has their own version too but to me it’s all the same thing! Already got the app and account etc set up just still deliberating about tickets...
I think we will definitely get them the next day or two I just don’t know who/where is best to buy them from now?!?!
My go to has always been Last Minute Travel Club, usually buy online and save around $50 But they changed their procedures in January 2020 and removed the online purchase feature. Before the lockdown they were selling by phone only , so I was holding of until nearer the time.
If you do go 3rd party seller, I would advise one which gives you an E TICKET which you can link straight away on the App.

Some only give you a voucher which you have to redeem at the ticket kiosks in the esplanade.

Edited at 11:12 AM.