Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Following 😊
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Hi there, if you can stay for 4 nights in Yosemite that would be great as you'd have 3 full days in there. We stayed in the cabin without a bathroom which was a good cheaper option. They were just a little more expensive than the tents. We went in August so we didn't have a great deal of choice as accommodation gets booked up so quickly.
For Disneyland we had 5 days there which we thought was fab. We hadn't been before so we didn't want to feel like we were rushing trying to do it all in a couple of days.
juliab is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi again you say your not having Las Vegas as an option this trip. If you did it’s very easy to fit 3/4 days there then Death Valley and Yosemite.
But if not 3/4 days Yosemite, do valley floor tour on arrival to get an overview and helps you get bearings . Vernal falls ,tioga pass, tunnel view, glacier point , mirror lake. El Capitan ,night sky Is very clear.
4 days San Fran , cable car, Alcatraz, Disney museum, cycle over bridge to Sausalito and back on ferry, possibly nappy valley and that covers the basics.
3 days Monterey, whale watching one of the best things we have ever done, aquarium is very good, 17 mile dr, Carmel, if sporty then pebble beach is a must for lunch or a drink.
PCH possibly 3 days , solvang , Hearst castle, elephant seal beach, cambria, Santa Barbara.
LA Disney 3
LA 2 other days
3/4 days San Diego
If you did add Vegas you could drive from LA 4.5 hours
With Vegas you could do a circular route which works really easy.
Alternatively from LA the possibly of San Diego
Once you decide on what you want to do then you could fly to San Fran and home from LA .
Lots of options for flight.
Of course haven’t until now even mentioned Palm Springs, Grand Canyon ,Lake Tahoe ,sequoia.
Some more food for thought. Any questions just ask
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzzi
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Hi there, if you can stay for 4 nights in Yosemite that would be great as you'd have 3 full days in there. We stayed in the cabin without a bathroom which was a good cheaper option. They were just a little more expensive than the tents. We went in August so we didn't have a great deal of choice as accommodation gets booked up so quickly.
For Disneyland we had 5 days there which we thought was fab. We hadn't been before so we didn't want to feel like we were rushing trying to do it all in a couple of days.
We can stay for 4 nights as im planning so no problem to add on a night, i would like to have enough time there to see as much as possible,i don't like feeling like im being rushed, i read a trip report yesterday and the lady went rafting there so now id love to do that as well, adding a day would allow for this

would you say 4 days is ok for Disney or 5 better ?we probably wont get to go back to this one so i want to make sure we are able to do everything are we are not rushed, kids have just realise Knotts Berry Farm is close so now want me to add this on as well

can i ask what hotel did you stay at? i would like to stay at one of the closest ones but not an onsite one.
kenzzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzzi
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi again you say your not having Las Vegas as an option this trip. If you did it’s very easy to fit 3/4 days there then Death Valley and Yosemite.
But if not 3/4 days Yosemite, do valley floor tour on arrival to get an overview and helps you get bearings . Vernal falls ,tioga pass, tunnel view, glacier point , mirror lake. El Capitan ,night sky Is very clear.
4 days San Fran , cable car, Alcatraz, Disney museum, cycle over bridge to Sausalito and back on ferry, possibly nappy valley and that covers the basics.
3 days Monterey, whale watching one of the best things we have ever done, aquarium is very good, 17 mile dr, Carmel, if sporty then pebble beach is a must for lunch or a drink.
PCH possibly 3 days , solvang , Hearst castle, elephant seal beach, cambria, Santa Barbara.
LA Disney 3
LA 2 other days
3/4 days San Diego
If you did add Vegas you could drive from LA 4.5 hours
With Vegas you could do a circular route which works really easy.
Alternatively from LA the possibly of San Diego
Once you decide on what you want to do then you could fly to San Fran and home from LA .
Lots of options for flight.
Of course haven’t until now even mentioned Palm Springs, Grand Canyon ,Lake Tahoe ,sequoia.
Some more food for thought. Any questions just ask

some great info here, i will have a look with the family and see if th anything grabs our fancy.

Thank you for this
kenzzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

Go for the Canvas Tent Cabins in Curry Village in Yosemite - loads of fun !

travelyosemite/lodging/curry-village/
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kenzzi View Post
We can stay for 4 nights as im planning so no problem to add on a night, i would like to have enough time there to see as much as possible,i don't like feeling like im being rushed, i read a trip report yesterday and the lady went rafting there so now id love to do that as well, adding a day would allow for this

would you say 4 days is ok for Disney or 5 better ?we probably wont get to go back to this one so i want to make sure we are able to do everything are we are not rushed, kids have just realise Knotts Berry Farm is close so now want me to add this on as well

can i ask what hotel did you stay at? i would like to stay at one of the closest ones but not an onsite one.
Most people 3 days Disney is enough. It’s quite small in comparison to Orlando. 2 days do everything and a day to redo the thing’s you like most
4 days Yosemite great. If you haven’t already watched free solo and the dawn wall, please do . They are films about climbing El Capitan, free solo 3000 ft up and no ropes. Incredible.

Edited at 05:07 PM.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by kenzzi View Post

That's great if you can add that extra night onto Yosemite. Ahh yes i read that fab report too just after we'd come back from our stay otherwise we might have done the rafting if I'd have read it earlier

Yes 4 nights is a good amount of time you really can get so much done. The parks are across from each other it's so good to be able to one park to another!

We stayed in Hampton Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort Convention Centre. It was about a 15 minute walk so not the nearest but still fairly close.

I have a trip report, I've not quite finished it yet I've got to write the Disney part up but our Yosemite and San Francisco stays are on it.
juliab is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List