Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Jun 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Book budget now or wait for free dining?

I was so set on Disney 2021. We were hoping to do AKL with free DDP, or if not, then CSR or CBR with free dining and an upgrade to DDP.

I have been waiting very impatiently. My husband thinks that everything will still be crazy next year, but was happy for me to book if free dining was announced, and then loose the deposit if the world was still covid-mad.

But, I'm now doubting free dining, and wondering if we should book a budget now (would like All star movies, but only premium rooms ATM), and add DDP. I'm DESPERATE to go to Disney next year.

If we did do that, and free dining was announced, would we be able to change our booking to plan A? I'm guessing that we might need to cancel, loose the deposit, and then book again? We wouldn't go unless it was onsite Disney.

We have only stayed in SSR once before, and I'm a bit worried that ASM would feel much less nice. But in fairness, the rooms we don't mind. We would like a good pool. Any thoughts?
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
I was so set on Disney 2021. We were hoping to do AKL with free DDP, or if not, then CSR or CBR with free dining and an upgrade to DDP.

I have been waiting very impatiently. My husband thinks that everything will still be crazy next year, but was happy for me to book if free dining was announced, and then loose the deposit if the world was still covid-mad.

But, I'm now doubting free dining, and wondering if we should book a budget now (would like All star movies, but only premium rooms ATM), and add DDP. I'm DESPERATE to go to Disney next year.

If we did do that, and free dining was announced, would we be able to change our booking to plan A? I'm guessing that we might need to cancel, loose the deposit, and then book again? We wouldn't go unless it was onsite Disney.

We have only stayed in SSR once before, and I'm a bit worried that ASM would feel much less nice. But in fairness, the rooms we don't mind. We would like a good pool. Any thoughts?
Hi,

So its looking like Disney are going to cancel all dining plans for 2021 so whilst you can still add it on the website, you can't on the phone. So if dining is a deal breaker it might be an issue. If you'd go with or without dining, it could be worth booking something now to have what you want secured if you're set on something specific. Its so unknown at the moment its honestly hard to say. We moved from Oct to March because the masks etc. put us off, I moved rather than cancelling as we wanted POR with 5th sleeper and we will stay onsite regardless of any offers that may or may not appear. I wanted our room booked and confirmed. Just write down your priorities and d what you need to secure those. If a deal did come out, worst case is deposit loss but a deal would be worth more than that probably or best case, a £50 amendment to add it on.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

I really don’t think there will be free dining for 2021. We have decided to postpone until 2022 in the hope it returns.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I booked for next August at all star music about a week ago, but rang and changed to CBR on Sunday. I added on QSDP, but there’s loads of rumours flying around about all DP’s being cancelled for next so we’ll see. I too was waiting for dining, and was even on the verge of booking an all inclusive holiday to cancun. But Disney is our happy place so we’ve bitten the bullet. We’ve done full DDP for years so I’m looking forward to not having adr’s everyday.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i've panic booked this evening for all stars music with paid for dining plan. Worst case scenario i'm down £50
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneymummy View Post
I booked for next August at all star music about a week ago, but rang and changed to CBR on Sunday. I added on QSDP, but there’s loads of rumours flying around about all DP’s being cancelled for next so we’ll see. I too was waiting for dining, and was even on the verge of booking an all inclusive holiday to cancun. But Disney is our happy place so we’ve bitten the bullet. We’ve done full DDP for years so I’m looking forward to not having adr’s everyday.
I just don’t think Disney World will be a happy place until it’s back to normal sadly. I don’t want to go for half the experience. My daughter’s favourite thing is the character meets so I want to wait until she can experience that properly again.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

It is exactly that question of do I panic book or not! We LOVED our free DDP last time. My kids were 7 and 9, and we went to so many character dining places. I thought they might not be so bothered this time (they are two years older now, at the planning stage), but they have told me that it is absolutely crucial for the 'experience'. So, I just can't imagine it being the same without that. But then, if we waited (so not in my DNA to wait!) until 2022, we could probably certainly do AKL with free dining (I can't imagine they can really cancel it...but that is perhaps just blind optimism or head burying denial). For various reasons we are likely to be in the US anyway, so I am wondering if we should maybe do Disneyland instead. We have been (before WDW) and LOVED it. But it is such a different experience, and it wouldn't be a 2 week disney holiday. Aarrggghhh! If only I had a bit more patience.
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't think free dining will return, there have been rumours that Disney has been trying to get rid of it for a few years now so this is an ideal time to bin it. It's doubtful if any of the dining plans will come back at all.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hopex
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We were hoping for POFQ with free dining but booked All Star Music tonight with paid for QSDP. As a few people have mentioned there’s rumours about dining plans not being available in 2021 so it may be removed but we will have to wait and see I guess. If they do release any offers we are happy to cancel and lose our deposit and rebook but glad to have something booked now!
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
I just don’t think Disney World will be a happy place until it’s back to normal sadly. I don’t want to go for half the experience. My daughter’s favourite thing is the character meets so I want to wait until she can experience that properly again.
My kids are older so the if there’s no character meets that won’t bother us at all. Fewer people in the parks would be good too. Next summer is still a long way off and if things haven’t settled down we can always cancel. The cash back from Quidco is the same as the deposit we’ve paid so we wouldn’t lose anything.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List