Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jun 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

If there's no free dining next year I won't book anything and then if the park restrictions are lifted and Covid isn't such an issue I will try and find a last minute onsite deal - value resort.

If free dining does get released for 2021 I would book a moderate with the deposit, but I don't feel the need to pay a £50 deposit when there's no offer to secure.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 02:45 PM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Gutted! Was just about to book with the dining, bu it has gone So sad. Will just have to patient, and wait to see what happens.
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'd guess that it isn't just an unhappy coincidence that they've removed Dining Plans & increased Food prices in near enough the same week!
The Dining plans were originally designed to "save" you 10%-15% but you do wonder how many guests were buying it versus how many were taking up Free offers? My opinion is that C19 has given them the perfect excuse to do some "stuff" that under normal circumstances would look bad but now have the perfect excuse for!
What the dining plan did do, & again IMO, is it let them "get away" with their over inflated food costs, let's face it a TS meal for 2 runs approx $100-$120 plus Tip that's the best part of £100 & whilst some might spend that occasionally( plus a bottle of wine in there), back here,not every night for 2 weeks !IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

We are so desperate to go to Disney next year, but we now don't know whether to book the hotel, at full rack-rate, with no discount (which feels a little crazy) or to wait and see what happens. My wiser self tells me to wait. My Disney-desperate self tells me to book. They must be assuming they will be reduced capacity for a long time. But given the economic turmoil globally, I just don't understand how they can't need people to book. But at the same time, there are all the people who wanted to go this year, and so that must surely multiply their audience.

Incidentally, our one visit to WDW was to SSR, which we LOVED Can I ask, as DVC members, how do you manage the food? Do you always eat Disney? Or do you ever self-cater?
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
It is exactly that question of do I panic book or not! We LOVED our free DDP last time. My kids were 7 and 9, and we went to so many character dining places. I thought they might not be so bothered this time (they are two years older now, at the planning stage), but they have told me that it is absolutely crucial for the 'experience'. So, I just can't imagine it being the same without that. But then, if we waited (so not in my DNA to wait!) until 2022, we could probably certainly do AKL with free dining (I can't imagine they can really cancel it...but that is perhaps just blind optimism or head burying denial). For various reasons we are likely to be in the US anyway, so I am wondering if we should maybe do Disneyland instead. We have been (before WDW) and LOVED it. But it is such a different experience, and it wouldn't be a 2 week disney holiday. Aarrggghhh! If only I had a bit more patience.
Like you, I go every 3 years and was due to go in September (trip now cancelled). At first I was convinced I would reschedule for 2021, but now there's no way I'd go until 2022, hopefully with the free DDP if it comes back. The silver lining is that by then, Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy will be open!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

This would really make most sense. I was wondering if I would regret going in 2021 if we could have gone in 2022 with free dining. Patience is NOT my thing, but one of the slight complications is that I am due to be in the US for work from April-July 2021, and the plan was for the rest of the family to come out then, and so we'd save the cost of one flight. We have family in the US so we were going to visit them too. So, either they still come out and we skip Disney (but then we have to spend the money on the flights still), or they don't come out and we skip family. However, my older relatives are intending to be isolating for the long-term because they have health conditions, and so they wouldn't want us staying with them anyway. So, I guess thinking about that, the only sane thing to do is to wait to see where the world is in 6 months.

Aarrgghh!
Old 19 Jun 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymummy View Post
My kids are older so the if there’s no character meets that won’t bother us at all. Fewer people in the parks would be good too. Next summer is still a long way off and if things haven’t settled down we can always cancel. The cash back from Quidco is the same as the deposit we’ve paid so we wouldn’t lose anything.
But if you cancel then won't Quidco decline your cashback?

On dining though, free dining offer or no dining offer wouldn't necessarily impact it for me. I'd book the package/hotel I wanted (moderate probably) then budget for eating offsite with the odd snack/quick service meal in the parks.
Old 19 Jun 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
But if you cancel then won't Quidco decline your cashback?

On dining though, free dining offer or no dining offer wouldn't necessarily impact it for me. I'd book the package/hotel I wanted (moderate probably) then budget for eating offsite with the odd snack/quick service meal in the parks.
We did onsite last time with no car. With no car, would taxi+offsite meal not end up as expensive as onsite? I'd be very happy for you to tell me no, but the only uber we took last time was to Wallmart!

Can I also ask, does anyone know why it is only the Disney hotels showing for July? And none of the partner hotels? The other option would be booking an onsite partner hotel (if I don't follow reason and wait), but none are showing in my searches.

Edited at 12:32 PM.
Old 19 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
We did onsite last time with no car - with no car - would taxi+offsite meal not end up as expensive as onsite? I'd be very happy for you to tell me no, but the only uber we took last time was to Wallmart!
My budget would include car and car parking charges. So, for us I could see this is being less expensive - with careful planning of where we ate. The only time we've been without a car we were DVC owners and bought the DDP as an add-on. So, unfortunately I have no experience of public transport and assiciated costs.

EDIT: worth noting, we haven't been to WDW for 10 years!
Old 19 Jun 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

Over the past few weeks Ive been going on VH and WDW Holidays websites to check if the free dining plan is up and see what the prices would be for November 2021 for our Honeymoon as we get married in October.

Today Ive checked on both sites and on WDW I can't go past September to check dates and the same for VH for Disney Resorts. Does anyone know why or what has changed since yesterday?

Thanks
TheNDawg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List