Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jun 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lau-nicole View Post
I booked yesterday over the phone for dec 21. Surprised to see that you can’t book past September now! Does anyone know why they are doing this?
Did you book the dining? I hope they're not going to cancel
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
Did you book the dining? I hope they're not going to cancel

No I was told I couldn’t by the CM on the phone. She said it would be possible to add it on at a later date which implies that maybe they’ll start selling them again at some point I guess.

I hope so too, I spent 3 hours on hold just to get through to them!
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Mobile

I have booked for April and bought the full dining plan. Will they now be cancelled. I was taking my friend who has never been and we have a restaurant planned for each night. Is that in the bin now?

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LDISNEYFOX View Post
I have booked for April and bought the full dining plan. Will they now be cancelled. I was taking my friend who has never been and we have a restaurant planned for each night. Is that in the bin now?

From what I’ve been told and many others if you have bought the dining plan, this will be taken off your booking, they aren’t doing the dining plan free or paid, and it will disappear .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm hoping the removal of dining plan is just temporary. Think having to remove it this year has been a real headache for them, so until they know they can reduce or remove the social distancing they have made the decision to remove it all together.
I'm hoping it will be re-introduced early next year as I want to add it on to our August 2021 trip.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
I'm hoping the removal of dining plan is just temporary. Think having to remove it this year has been a real headache for them, so until they know they can reduce or remove the social distancing they have made the decision to remove it all together.
I'm hoping it will be re-introduced early next year as I want to add it on to our August 2021 trip.
I think it’s temporary. I’m not sure about the free dining offer but it definitely doesn’t make sense for Disney to stop selling the dining plan full stop. They’ve only just introduced a new tier as well...

I would guess you’ll be able to add it on by August next year. The CM made it sound to me that I wouldn’t have a problem adding it on when it becomes available but didn’t know for sure when that would be.
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

To the people who want to buy the dining plan, why not put the cost of it onto a cash card and use it just for food. It'll be less restrictive that way too.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
To the people who want to buy the dining plan, why not put the cost of it onto a cash card and use it just for food. It'll be less restrictive that way too.
For us the dining plan works out well even doing the maths, we do character dining for every day of our holiday except when off site for shopping or Kennedy; those two off site days allow us to do a show meal (hoop-dee-doo/spirit of aloha) and California grill on the standard dining plan.

Character dining is a big part of our trips as we're not keen on waiting in queues and lengthening the queues for children to stand in.
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I know it can work out cheaper not buying the dining plan, but my husband really likes the dining plan and would rather pay for it and not have to think about what we're spending on food there. Being able to grab bottles of pop with snack credits rather than being appalled at the price. Choosing whatever he wants on the menu. Doing so many character meals without thinking of the cost. We were also hoping to the aloha dinner show this time. Getting gifts to take home.
Just takes some of the stress out of the holiday.
Putting the money on a card, it would still mean considering the price of everything.
We don't hire a car so stay in the Disney bubble with the exception of a couple of days over at universal.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
I know it can work out cheaper not buying the dining plan, but my husband really likes the dining plan and would rather pay for it and not have to think about what we're spending on food there. Being able to grab bottles of pop with snack credits rather than being appalled at the price. Choosing whatever he wants on the menu. Doing so many character meals without thinking of the cost. We were also hoping to the aloha dinner show this time. Getting gifts to take home.
Just takes some of the stress out of the holiday.
Putting the money on a card, it would still mean considering the price of everything.
We don't hire a car so stay in the Disney bubble with the exception of a couple of days over at universal.
I'm the same. I go solo and can't drive and when I go to Disney I stay on site and don't eat anywhere else. I use the snack credits for fresh fruit and cold drinks. I'm happy to have the dining plan if it's free but wouldn't pay for it. I don't like steak and am allergic to seafood so my meals are always at the cheaper end of the scale. What I find really restrictive with TS meals on the plan is that it's only main course and dessert. You can't have starter and dessert instead (I have asked at TS restaurants I've been to) which would be my preference as I struggle with the size of the meals.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List