Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jun 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Magicbands 2021

Disney has stated that it will be retiring complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for 2021

Full announcement on Disney Park Blog

The innovative new offering they refer to is supposed to be the Disney Genie Planning app

Edited at 05:01 PM.
a11mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

Yep another reasons to stay on site being removed, it feels this is being used to make wholesale changes and remove alot of the small extras that made the whole experience more special. They are really doing a good job of putting us off, i have really lost interest to go even next year, maybe offsite will be a better option in the future.
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

All very well having to use an app on your phone , what about rides that you dont want to take your phone on incase you lose it, or photos in the water parks
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So, no magic bands, No fastpassses, No dining plan and no ticketed events.. old school disney... bring it on.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyStarwars View Post
Yep another reasons to stay on site being removed, it feels this is being used to make wholesale changes and remove alot of the small extras that made the whole experience more special. They are really doing a good job of putting us off, i have really lost interest to go even next year, maybe offsite will be a better option in the future.
Just what I was saying to the other half!

Onsite stay anytime soon? a polite but definite no from us.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I tried using the app to unlock our door at All Star Sports & POFQ last October, and it didn't work once! Onsite at Disney is becoming less and less appealing, actually disney is becoming less appealing altogether!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

I reckon this is more to the fact that people were happy to paying to upgrade the basic ones or just refusing one in the first place more than any thing else. It was probably going to happen any way. Its not a biggie, I don't really need any more of the basic ones to add to my collection of about 20.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I reckon this is more to the fact that people were happy to paying to upgrade the basic ones or just refusing one in the first place more than any thing else. It was probably going to happen any way. Its not a biggie, I don't really need any more of the basic ones to add to my collection of about 20.
That's just you. What about first timers?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovedisney123
Trying for More Ears

Also, what about kids, they probably won’t have apple watches or phones to use instead! Especially young ones!
Lovedisney123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We stay offsite - as an organiser I liked the magic bands as I don’t need to juggle tickets or worry about charged phones.

Still, we’ll have to see what the genie brings us.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List