Old 21 Jun 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Endless Summer Resort

Has anyone ever stayed here? Any pros or cons please
Is it child friendly? Children 10,8,3 years old
Thanks x
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It’s great value and on property so it has some benefits. They have 1 bed family rooms.

I haven’t stayed but went to look around when it opened.

Downsides is it is not really on property, it’s on the more ‘basic’ end of International Drive. I do not like the area it’s in to be absolutely honest.

For example, if you are in Cabana Bay or Aventura you are really on property’ in nicely landscaped areas where you can walk into Volcano Bay, walk to the parks or catch a boat at Sapphire Falls. Easily get to the restaurants at City Walk and get the boat or walk back.

People will say that Endless Summer busses are good, and it’s not far away- both true. But there’s a big difference in my view in the environment around the properties at Aventura compared to Endless Summer. And getting the boat into the parks saves a ton of time, as you go through security getting onto the boat, and it drops you off close to the parks opposite Hard Rock Cafe. Get a bus and you have to go through the man security, and walk from the Citywalk Garages.

Having said all of this, I would 100% stay at Endless Summer if on a tight budget, the hotel itself is good at the price point and an excellent value, but if the extra can be found for Aventura or Cabana Bay without too much trouble, I would 100% stay there instead.

Edited at 08:50 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

I agree with a lot of the above (I haven't stayed there either but i went for a look round last year and it is very nice) apart from the comments about I Drive.

Whilst the North end (where this is) is not as nice as the South end of I Drive, there is nothing wrong with the North end and there are plenty of good restaurants close to Endless Summer on I Drive.

Depending on how long you are staying for and whether you have a car, being outside the Universal 'bubble' can be an advantage. Whilst there are some good restaurants at CityWalk and the Hotels, they are all pricey and if you fancy a change of scenery then I Drive is ideal.

At Endless Summer you get early access to Volcano Bay (a massive perk as it is the best time to go) and the theme parks. If it is a choice between Endless Summer and a hotel on I Drive then it is an absolute no brainer.

The bus service at Endless Summer is superb - they are very regular and the trip to Volcano Bay or Citywalk takes no time at all.

If you have the extra funds, Aventura and Cabana Bay are nicer hotels. With 3 children of the ages of yours, i would personally choose Cabana Bay as the pools are in a different league to Endless Summer or Aventura.

Whichever you choose you will have a great time.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

I absolutely loved staying at Surfside last October, it's a lovely hotel (especially for a 'budget' property), has great, super regular and quick transport to the parks as mentioned, and your early entry. The vibe is fun, beachy, fairly low-key and pleasant. Plus the suites would be great for your party size, though I've only stayed in a standard myself.

The area is classic I-Drive, not the best end in the sense that's it's not green or pretty, but it's so very practical, and there are shops and restaurants around, too.

However, from what I've heard (but cannot personally vouch for), I agree that Cabana Bay may be a touch better for you with the little-uns Would love to stay myself but we're only a couple and I always look at the cost of Endless Summer by comparison and just have to save my pennies!
Old 29 Jun 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
boo28
Excited about Disney

We have stayed a couple if times at cabana bay and also last year ar Endless Summer

Biggest advantage of cabana is the lazy river (although it is small) and walk to volcano bay is so quick and easy, almost an extension of the hotel. Bowling alley was also good fun for rainy days.

Endless summer is also a lovely hotel, a lot less cost and the 2 bedrooms are much more family friendly than cabana.n it has 2 beds and a separate bedroom with another bed, whereas cabana had 2 beds and a sofa bed in the kitchen area.

It’s also easier to get around easier off site but busses whilst vey frequent do take around 10 mins to get to volcano bay.

Before all this happened we had already booked endless summer again for this year as we all loved it.

You won’t be disappointed with either.

Edited at 11:59 AM.
boo28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed at endless summer in Feb and we loved it. Normally stay in a villa or an independent hotel so the perks we're fab.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

How much more is endless summer/surfside a night compared to say the rosen Inn at pointe Orlando?
Old 12 Jul 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kaip View Post
How much more is endless summer/surfside a night compared to say the rosen Inn at pointe Orlando?
Perhaps £400 more for 2 weeks in terms of what I've paid. Say £800 Vs £1200.