alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
following too as we are booked there for end of september 2020
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Has anybody had a call yet?

I still have a 'live' booking for The Grand Floridian in 47 days time. Still live on MDE, still shows owed balance on 'manage booking' and still no contact from them - even though their own website says shut until 21st Sept and the great big blue NBA fence is now up at the main resort

My main worry is that they are just going to say move resort for the Aug hols (which obviously isn't going to go ahead nor would I want to change resorts) or move to 2021 at the new prices. If I rebook for next year though, they are asking for a 60% increase on what I would have been paying for August And all the while, whilst I'm waiting for them to call, the availability of the cheaper rooms is disappearing. I don't know what to do.

Maybe I'm just being naive in hoping that they are going to offer me anything for the fact they've put the NBA in the hotel I've had booked for a year...

Not feeling the Disney magic any more

Edited at 09:36 AM.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar83
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We are booked for 6th August 2020 at POR. It doesn’t look like we can go anyway but surprised they haven’t contacted us yet. I’ve looked for next year too. POR isn’t available but I have looked at the prices for CBR to get an idea and it will cost £4500 on top of what we have paid this year. Mainly because we had the free dining before and we had a 21 day ticket but the max they are selling is for 14 days. This would mean buying another 7 day ticket.
2023 - Hard Rock Hotel & 21 nights POR to celebrate my 40th birthday 🥳
2025 - Universal Royal Pacific then back to our home at Port Orleans
Wishuponastar83 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I’ve just got off the phone (no wait! ) to Guest Services as I was fed up with waiting for a call from the ‘Guest Care Team’. They spoke to someone and apparently it was my invoice that was cancelled and not my actual booking which still stands. All sounds very weird to me but she assured me that my hotel booking still exists and that the Care Team will contact me, although there is a backlog atm... I’d imagine that’s an understatement! 😬
Old 4 Jul 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Our booking was for Wilderness Lodge in the first week of December 2020 - not sure whether we’ll get but I never had an email requesting me to list options for going, cancelling etc. I called 407 939 7639 bang on noon today and got through straightaway to a very helpful lady who confirmed WL will be closed for the rest of this year. I asked what options they could offer me, and it appears the rank order of alternatives is Kidani Village, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Contemporary, Polynesian and finally Grand Floridian. In order to price match they have to search each hotel in that order to see if there’s availability and then if you accept the offer there’s no charge, but you can’t ask them to try Grand Floridian first, for instance. I’m sure Kidani is very nice, but I really wanted to be at WL with friends so requested Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. A 2-bed villa at CC would have been prohibitively expensive, but for an extra $200 for the week I was happy with a studio at Boulder Ridge and all can be cancelled and fully refunded if the trip’s a non-starter. Hope that info might help some Dibbers with their plans.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Our booking was for Wilderness Lodge in the first week of December 2020 - not sure whether we’ll get but I never had an email requesting me to list options for going, cancelling etc. I called 407 939 7639 bang on noon today and got through straightaway to a very helpful lady who confirmed WL will be closed for the rest of this year. I asked what options they could offer me, and it appears the rank order of alternatives is Kidani Village, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Contemporary, Polynesian and finally Grand Floridian. In order to price match they have to search each hotel in that order to see if there’s availability and then if you accept the offer there’s no charge, but you can’t ask them to try Grand Floridian first, for instance. I’m sure Kidani is very nice, but I really wanted to be at WL with friends so requested Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. A 2-bed villa at CC would have been prohibitively expensive, but for an extra $200 for the week I was happy with a studio at Boulder Ridge and all can be cancelled and fully refunded if the trip’s a non-starter. Hope that info might help some Dibbers with their plans.
Hi

Was this a uk booking? Glad you're all sorted.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Has anybody had a call yet?

I still have a 'live' booking for The Grand Floridian in 47 days time. Still live on MDE, still shows owed balance on 'manage booking' and still no contact from them - even though their own website says shut until 21st Sept and the great big blue NBA fence is now up at the main resort

My main worry is that they are just going to say move resort for the Aug hols (which obviously isn't going to go ahead nor would I want to change resorts) or move to 2021 at the new prices. If I rebook for next year though, they are asking for a 60% increase on what I would have been paying for August And all the while, whilst I'm waiting for them to call, the availability of the cheaper rooms is disappearing. I don't know what to do.

Maybe I'm just being naive in hoping that they are going to offer me anything for the fact they've put the NBA in the hotel I've had booked for a year...

Not feeling the Disney magic any more
We are the same no call from disney,supposed to be staying at coronado springs from 20th august obviously taken over by NBA too.Booking is still live as payment not due till 16th july but no contact at all.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
It’s all a bit of a mixup to say the least.
We’ve not had a call back yet..
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi

Was this a uk booking? Glad you're all sorted.
I made the original booking online via the US website. The deposit is the price of the first night’s stay and you can cancel up to 5 days before arrival for a full refund. The balance is due on arrival.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They cancelled our July week but saying too soon to reschedule for July 2021 🙁

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List